1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Would you steal to feed hungry children?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slobake, Jan 31, 2014.

1. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

Would you steal to feed hungry children like Jean Valjean? It is a straight up rhetorical question. I have never been forced into that situation and probably never will.
    I believe I would steal if I had to if children were starving.
  2. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

without a second thought.
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

I would not.

-Mike
  4. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

Other people's children? No

My children? I wouldn't have any unless I was financially able to buy them food.

If more people did that, there wouldn't be as many hungry children.
  5. tastybasslines

tastybasslines I'll hump your leg Supporting Member

These types of questions are typical of the Brigg's Myers test I think.

I'd steal too.

I'd also burglarize a medical lab of an experimental treatment that could potentially save my dying of cancer wife.
  6. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

Ever see 'The Pursuit of Happyness'? Dude was doing just fine for himself before he lost his job and ended up on the street. Things happen in life that you just can't prepare for, and in those situations you can only do your best for yourself and those you care for.

I would steal to feed my starving child, but it would be an agonizing decision.
  7. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow

Absolutely yes. And I wouldn't think twice about it.
  8. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

True Dat

I've shown up with bags of food to people who I knew where having a hard time of it.

But I would avoid stealing.
  9. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow

But the thing is, when you bring a child in to the world there's no guarantee that you will be able to provide for them down the road, even if you were when you first had them. **** happens.
  10. spade2you

spade2you

[​IMG]

What if, instead of food, the hungry children needed cigarettes?
  11. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

I would apply for government assistance, like food stamps, first. I would only consider stealing if their were no alternatives.
  12. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

This is very true. But I'm not talking people who had children while gainfully employed. I'm talking about people with minimum wage jobs/no jobs, and no prospects that are popping out kids like it's a race.
  13. mellowinman

mellowinman

Of course I would. I'd do more than that! You don't want to be in my way if there are hungry children.
  14. slobake

15. bassinplace

bassinplace

Seeing as there are hungry children in the world and I am not stealing anything to feed them, the answer is no, I wouldn't.
  16. pedroims

pedroims Supporting Member

I will kill for my children, steal will be way easier.
  17. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow

I agree fully with that, no doubt. But that's not what the op was asking I think. :)
  18. ShredderMaximus

ShredderMaximus

I've always pondered a question similar to this.

Say there was an ultra rich businessman that offered that every year he would donate 100 million in food to people all around the world, but for that year you would have to be his personal slave. That entails doing -anything- he asks of you (and this businessman is very into bdsm, among "other things"...) and you would wear nothing but a burlap sack and eat nothing but disgusting gruel for the entire year. If you opt out at any time, the contract is void and he donates nothing.

Would you do it?
  19. slobake

No sir I am not asking that. Like a lot of things here and in life we can start coming up with all the other rhetorical questions and debating those and before you know it we have lost track of what we were talking about. :p That will happen here eventually and I am okay with that. It's what we do.
  20. slobake

No, becuase I don't trust people like that.