Would you trade your Stingray for a Streamer Stage I ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by aviador, Jan 14, 2013.

1. aviador

aviador

Both are 4 stringers. I really like both sounds, both are great basses but I have to choose only one...
    Both are very comfortable to me. I'm comfused...:crying:
  2. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Supporting Member

I would gladly trade an EBMM Stingray for a Warwick Streamer Stage 1!!!!!! Any day, every day, and twice on Sunday!!! But I love Warwicks; I really like EBMM's, but I love Warwicks!!!
  3. Hizzoner

Hizzoner Supporting Member

I have a stingray classic which I really enjoy but would consider trading if it was a streamer stage..depends on aesthetics, color and condition of course....
  4. Yango

Yango

Absolutely not.

EBMM Stingray's are some of the finest instruments out there.
  5. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Exact opposite for me. I own 4 MMs including a stingray, and 2 warwicks. I've owned 3 other MMs, and 3 other warwicks. 2 of them streamers. I like warwicks, BUT I love MMs? I find them to be way more versatile, and I like the way they sit in a live mix way more than a Warwick. To me it seems warwicks have a lot of wasted tone in their controls. Bass can get real muddy, and highs real sizzly or clackety. For some that might work great depending on their playing style, but for me my MMs fit perfectly. Like the feel more too. Definitely the stingray for me.
  6. georgestrings

georgestrings Supporting Member

Not a chance!!! - but I really like EBMMs, and am not a fan of Warwicks...

- georgestrings
  7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

In a heartbeat. I prefer everything on the Warwick.
  8. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

From a market value standpoint, trading a EBMM Stingray for (I'm assuming a German-made) Streamer Stage I is a killer trade. You're basically trading an $850 bass for a $1,600+ bass.

If it's a Chinese-made Rockbass Streamer, NO WAY on earth should you make that trade!
  9. N.F.A.

N.F.A. Supporting Member

smcd has hit it right on the head IMO...
  10. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

Yep, and then I would sell the Streamer for $1500 and buy another 'Ray and pocket the change!
  11. joebar

joebar Supporting Member

yes great trade deal
    take it every day.
  12. lucam

lucam

I would buy a Ray just to trade it for that Warwick! :D
  13. RhynoRock

RhynoRock

I'd keep my EBMM. Just something about Warwick basses, I just don't like em. Maybe it's the classic production styling that I prefer. I enjoy things like paint, binding & nitrocellulose lacquer that ages and yellows over the years, instead of natural wood finish. Dunno, but I'd definitely keep a Stingray over a Warwick. Just my two cents.
  14. zortation

zortation

Ditch that ray dude...is this even a serious thread?
  15. bluestarbass

bluestarbass

Nope. I have a Warwick and a stingray. Stingray wins every time.
  16. Pet Sounds

Pet Sounds

17. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

When were EBMM basses ever painted with nitro?
  18. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

Heres what it boils down to, 24 fret Wick vs 21 Fret EBMM, 21 will feel more vintage and IMO comfortable, youd be suprised what a difference those 3 frets make when playing in the lower registers of each string. On the Flip side, the Wick has a nice contoured body and is a very refined modern instrument in so many ways.

I was a Warwick guy for many years but went back to Fender style because of comfort BUT i recently came accross a Thumb i just had to have and it feels good on this side of the fence.

My personal vote is for the Wick because of the Pickup config and the contoured body, that 21 frets and vintage feel on the EB is also prety sweet. Ever owned a Wick? NO? then go for it, otherwise you should already know which you prefer.
  19. jlepre

jlepre

Trolling for flames maybe??? Hmmmmm????
    I guess if you really WANT to trade, do it. If you change your mind you could flip it and get another Ray, and have some walking around money.
  20. PotsdamBass8

PotsdamBass8 Supporting Member

It's been said already that from an economic standpoint, the Warwick is the better end of the trade. But I personally think the stingray plays better and had a more versatile sound. That's opinion though.

I would make sure there's nothing wrong with the Warwick that would cause someone to trade it for a much less valuable instrument.