1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Would you trust this on ebay ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CedricVandermeu, Feb 6, 2013.

1. CedricVandermeu

CedricVandermeu

Hi,

I'm looking for a Fender Jazz 50th anniversary edition (2010) and found this one on ebay :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-FENDER...D-/261165434104?pt=Guitar&hash=item3cceac44f8

Now, honestly this seems a bit dogy. Serial number is weird, there is a story about "overstock", "finishing issues" etc. In short, I'm in doubt even if the feedback for the seller is positive.

So if anyone knows of another one in great shape (unless you convince me to trust this one, but again, the serial number doesn't match with any other of these that I've seen).
    Could it be that fake ones are going around ?

Thanks for the feedback,

Cedric
  2. Splods

Splods

Ask the seller to show the serial number on the neck, proof of purchase, etc.

It seems ok to me, I'm not to sure on the headstock logos though.
  3. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus Supporting Member

the damage is obviously worse then he says if he wont put a pic of the real bass up.
  4. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

There are multiple pics up, including the SN. What's the concern?
  5. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

+1
    Why do you think it's not the actual bass? It shgows the serial number very clearly.

If you're worried ask him to send you his invoice.

It's not like he's selling it for $100.
  6. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Looks good to me. Lots of pics. Seller has 100% feedback with 520 transactions! I don't see the finish checking though so it's either very minor or just doesn't show up well in those photos. I would ask for some closer up photos of the finish that show it better.
  7. christopherogut

christopherogut Supporting Member

man oh man, that thing looks great!
  8. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

+1

I don't understand why anyone would be concerned with the authenticity of this. The only thing I'd be concerned about is that the price he's asking is way high.
  9. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

+A million. Not only does he have a 520 positive feedback score, they seem to be for high end guitars from Fender to PRS.

So yes... I would trust the guy.

Any concerns you have, just get more pics about. Odds are this guy isn't a rookie and can provide them.

Also, a US10 S/N is an acceptable way to start a Fender S/N from 2010 as afar as I know.

EDIT: Just looked at the price... I wouldn't trust him if he thinks it is worth that. I imagine the 3 refused offers we probably already extremely fair and much more than it is worth.
  10. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

... if the seller is agreeable to ship the bass to the OP in Bangkok for that price, it potentially may be an ok deal I imagine ... but probably not likely ...

... the seller does seem to be quite proud of the pieces he is selling, based on prices ... perhaps it explains his monicker "Starving Artist" ...
  11. depalm

depalm Supporting Member

I'd buy this bass right way if I needed another J.
    Price is a little high indeed but the bass seems to be great.
  12. KrisHayes

KrisHayes

Doesn't everybody try to relic their basses now anyway? Haha. Seems like a good deal!
  13. smcd

smcd Supporting Member