1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Wow... Almost done with high school

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassplayer1494, Apr 30, 2013.

1. bassplayer1494

bassplayer1494

Really can not believe that I am graduating from high school on June 13th. It really is a big step in life but I am looking forward to the rewards and pressures that await me. Surely I will miss some of the kids i went to school with, and i will probably care less about the kids that i didn't get along with.(which was a very few number) They probably feel the same way about me but if our paths cross in the future and we are both more mature and get along then that is good.

I start college in the fall. A two-year technical college for computer information technology. Very excited to further my education in computer technology. I am graduating from a vocational school on the 31st of May that offers a similar program. I go there for half of my school day and i really enjoy it. It really is going to be different not waking up Mon-Fri at 5... I will finally get some sleep :hyper:

Anyways, this is really a big step in life and I am looking forward to what my future has to offer. If i can maintain a level head and focus on my studies. I think I will be alright ;)

Cheers TB members who are graduating from high school or college!!!! And cheers to everyone who has gone about this business of living and learning.
  2. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

Congrats bassplayer. Sounds like you got the studying and commitment part down. Don't forget to have fun in college they are special unique years that you will never know again.
  3. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Congrats! Graduating high school was a bit surreal for me. It just kind of came up all of the sudden, then happened.
  4. Mike M.

Mike M.

Congrat's! I graduated in 1971 and what a ride it's been! Can't believe it was that long ago. Think things thru, make good responsible choices and get the most out of each day while you're still young.

Good luck to you.
  5. Tarrbot

Tarrbot

Congrats and good luck on your future IT career.
  6. BlackBurton23

BlackBurton23

I barely graduated last year and I already feel the drastic transition. It's literally feels like turning a chapter and starting a whole new part; a whole new style of life and I'm sure you will find the change as exciting as I am so far :D
  7. BenBL

BenBL

Good Luck! I graduate the same day! Definitely going to be A brand new experience! Totally agree with you on no more pre-6:30am mornings!
  8. Ziltoid

Ziltoid Supporting Member

Graduating is fun but graduations suck. Congrats!
  9. bassist11

bassist11

June 13th?! Dang that's really late. I graduated high school mid May and I'm graduating from college next week, May 11.

Anyways.. Congrats! I'll be graduating next week with my bachelors. I don't really think graduating is a big deal anymore though cause I can see myself going back to school some day for my engineering degree. Yeah it's another stepping stone but if you have the lifelong learning mentality, it's not really that big of a deal.
  10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

What kind of high schools are you guys going to getting up at 5:00 or pre 6:30AM?

-Mike
  11. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Way to go, Dom! Have a good time at college (without getting into trouble!). Might be a good idea to keep that killer bass at your dad's house instead of a dorm room... ;)
  12. TOOL460002

TOOL460002

Congratulations. That's fantastic. It sounds like you're happy that you've accomplished a lot (and you should be) and excited about what you will learn in the future (and you should be. Best of luck. You sound very focused and enthusiastic. I'm sure you will treat the next step it like a job you love. It'll help you get a job you love.

Also, your true friends will still be around for good, whether or not they're in the area. And you will run into kids you thought were dicks or just weren't in your circle of friends, and some of them will be great people. Some of those people are good friends today. I'm not unique; folks change. Keep doin' what you're doin' because it's clearly working. Have a nice day.
  13. Bassic Playing

Bassic Playing

Congrats, thats really cool.

I graduate later this year, around september I think. It's a weird feeling, nearly being done with school, isn't it?
  14. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Congrats.

Finishing High School is like the start of your life.
  15. Unprofessional

Unprofessional Supporting Member

That's the way you do it. Keep plowin' and good luck.
  16. Sijjvra

Sijjvra

Welcome to the world of bills and taxes and getting old. Make sure you can find a job in the IT field in your area - my husband did a degree for that field and found out all the jobs were outsourced and now he's right back to working in a manufacturing plant again and pretty bitter about how that all went down. Hindsight and all that.
  17. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME! Supporting Member

I used to wake at 5:45am in order to catch two buses and get to school on time.
  18. bassplayer1494

bassplayer1494

Thank you everyone for your wishes, it means a lot! I still remember when I first joined TB and how different and immature I was then, to what I am slowly becoming now. Funny how people undergo changes in their attitude from the decisions they make. Really gives me a different perception on life that I never had before. I am looking forward to learning more knowledge but I am also looking forward to finding out who I really am and the decisions that I make these next few years are crucial to see where I go in life. Experience is what I want to gain. Hopefully enough experience to someday open my own computer repair shop. Sorry if I am ranting. Just thinking a lot about what my future holds for me.

I have decided not to live on campus I am going to commute back and forth from my grandpa/ mother's house to college. Makes a lot more sense to me and will save me quite a bit of dough. Granted the dorms are huge but what is the sense of spending thousands to live on campus when my soon-to-be house will only be 15 minutes away? It does take a little from the whole college experience but I feel comfortable being close to home and there is still a lot to do where I am going to live so yeah! Very excited :)

Oh and to Jeff K I would never keep that beautiful bass in a dorm room never haha. Really sounds great and I am forever grateful that you sold me a killer bass at a good price!!

Also can't wait for my graduation present. Perhaps a Markbass CMD102p will be coming my way? Or maybe one of those new GK combos. Not sure yet but my father is a very awesome guy for doing this for me and I love him with all my heart for everything he has taught me :)
  19. bassplayer1494

bassplayer1494

Thanks buddy!

Yeah it really is man. It flies by really fast!!