1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

WoW! MarkBass New York 151rj Randy Jackson 15" Cab!!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by larryelwood, Dec 13, 2012.

1. larryelwood

larryelwood

OK,

At guitar center with some time on my hands recently and I decided to try every cab/ head combo I had the desire too.. So the unplugging and plugging and moving etc.. began. I've always owned only 410 or 210 cabs.. thinking that 15s are waaayy too old school and undefined, etc...

I'll say that i tried Mesa cabs and the walkabout, GK heads/cabs, Markbass Heads/cabs, Orange Heads/Cabs... and mixed and matched them all.. To my utter shock and surprise as I was pairing down the heads and cabs i got down to a combination that KILLED!!!! I mean really really shined.. like nothing i'm used to hearing in guitar center:

The GK MB200 head paired with the Markbass New York 151rj 1x15 cab.

Holy Smokes: Gut Punch, warm mids, Studio level definition, glassy highs... absolutely beautiful warm rich yet defined bass tone. The kind of tone that is so good you don't care if you every leave your house because it sounds so good in your basement!

I was so shocked at this combo i kept going back to different 410 cabs with that head and it just wasn't as good. That 1 fifteen speaker and the horn combo on that particular cab are to DIE for.

I'm building a new rig: 2 of these spectacular markbass cabs and an mb800 GK Head!!

2. phillybass101

phillybass101

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Brubaker Guitars, Tecamp Bass Players Gear
    Funny. I'm listening to Randy Jackson right now. He's playing with Michael Walden on one of his older CDs. Randy is more than decent.

3. RnBass

RnBass

"I was so shocked at this combo i kept going back to different 410 cabs with that head and it just wasn't as good. That 1 fifteen speaker and the horn combo on that particular cab are to DIE for."

I bought this cab after going through the same process at GC.
    The only cabs that sounded as good or better were much larger, heavier and/or much more expensive.
    For me this is the sweet spot for portable/affordable cabs.

4. pgk

pgk

he's a Great bass player! that cab is very close in dimensions to my bag end s15d-l cab (essentially the same at 22/18/18) and also to the the old mesa diesel/ev 606 cabs; they're big enough to give you some great old school style bottom end w/o being too cumbersome to schlep. nice. here: http://www.markbass.it/product_detail.php?id=205

5. Register to disable this ad