Wrong E-mail given for Paypal

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by themacinator, Dec 27, 2012.

1. themacinator

themacinator Always looking for the perfect gig Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Babicz FCH Hardware
    I just backed out of a deal. We agreed on a price and the guy who is selling the item gave me what he said was his email address. I made the payment today and then he tells me he gave the wrong email address. He left some numbers off the one he gave me.

So I have to cancel the Paypal transaction. My money is safe, according to Paypal, but now it's tied up for a week or more. This was to be my Christmas gift to myself.

Man I got some bad mojo about this whole thing.
  2. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

Pay Pal blows
  3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

It doesn't sound right everyone knows that PayPal email is important for them getting paid I have never encountered someone giving me the wrong email.
  4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

Yeah, something is fishy. If you pay via the e-mail address you have to use a registered paypal e-mail, it checks it before you can even send the money. The odds that there is another paypal account to an e-mail exactly like his, less a couple numbers, would have me second guessing. It could very well be coincidence but that seems pretty unlikely to me.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. themacinator

themacinator Always looking for the perfect gig Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Babicz FCH Hardware
    So I want to be clear about this. I am not willing to imply any wrong doing here by the other party. But in all my transactions on TB this is the first time I've experienced this and it makes me gun-shy.
  7. Auguste

Auguste

I have numerous email accounts

I can see the error happening

To bad about your Christmas gift arriving late.
  8. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Yeah, I have a few, and one of mine I get wrong all the time. Missing the numbers off. Fortunately it's not the one for my PayPal account. I can see this being an honest mistake.