1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Wtb: affordable French bow

Discussion in 'Wanted: Double Basses, Amps, & Accessories' started by sivarTTravis, Nov 23, 2013.

1. sivarTTravis

sivarTTravis

Hey. I have been looking for a French bow to buy. I have just bought a bass a few days ago so im not looking for something crazy expensive. Just a decent bow. I also play cello so French is what I'm used to, I will consider German bows as well. Wood bow would be nice, real horse hair is a must.
    Thanks
    Travis

2. Wild Rice Chris

Wild Rice Chris Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Rice Custom Guitars, Inc
    Your PM box is full.

If you're still looking, I have a wood bow that I bought from my college teacher. I played it all through school, but have since upgraded to a $2k+ bow. Lightweight, good sound, recently rehaired with black hair. The frog is cheap-looking. I paid $100, plus the rehair. I'd sell it for $75 shipped, and incllude a Coda bow bag. I can weigh/measure/photograph it if you're interested.

Chris

3. sivarTTravis

sivarTTravis

Sounds good. It is French style? Please send me pictures. Thanks
    -Travis