1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

WTS - Ovation Magnum IV

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Colonel Monk, May 25, 2013.

1. Colonel Monk

Colonel Monk Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

Howdy!

I have here an Ovation Magnum IV for sale.

After wanting one of these for years, and not being able to afford one at vintage prices, I bought this one last year.

Alas, I'm unemployed and trying to fund a move so it's got to go. Only my workhorse basses will be spared. :bawl:

It's the black/gray Magnum. Supposedly, it had the OHSC, but it's obvious to me that this is an Ovation Magnum 1 case. But, it does fit the case just fine. I have seen Magnum 1 cases sell on Ebay for $300 alone....

When I got it, the nut was cracked thru the E slot, so I had my luthier do a new nut, neck adjustment, full setup.

The original electronics are there, but luthier said they have been bypassed. He said some folks didn't like the tone... I have not changed this so I cannot comment further on the integrity of the actives.

Overall it's in good shape, it's obviously been played just like any 30-something year old instrument, but nothing major. The truss rod cover is missing a corner which I believe can be seen in one of the pictures.

$[DEL]700[/DEL] 650 OBO including shipping CONUS. Method of payment = PayPal.

Thanks for Looking!

CM

IMG_1315.JPG

IMG_1316.JPG
  2. Colonel Monk

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

3. Colonel Monk

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0