1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Xmas gift ideas for the gf/wife who has most everything

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RS, Dec 6, 2013.

1. RS

RS Supporting Member

Ok let's have it. Clothes, jewelry, electronics and many gadgets have been done to death. I await TBOT wisdom and sarcasm.
  2. MrDOS

MrDOS Gold Supporting Member

I'm all ears :)
    So far, all I can come up with us to detail her car...
  3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
  4. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME! Supporting Member

My girlfriend is easy to please. I gave her Cards Against Humanity, as she enjoys playing it whenever we're with someone who owns it.
    Only, I gave it to her two weeks ago, and now I need to get her something else. :D
  5. Fishheadjoe

Fishheadjoe

Well, i just got back from buying my wife a floating lounge chair for the pool.
    She's a school principal and as such, has most of the two summer months off.
    Her way to decompress from the year is to float the days away in our pool. Yah, I'm jealous, but I know she works hard and it really is a thankless job.
    So, I picked up a fancy floaty that will I'm sure, help her enjoy that time off.
    Fishheadjoe
  6. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually Gold Supporting Member

- Gift cert to local dayspa
    - Concert Tickets of her choice
    - Paid limo for girls night out

Experiences make better gifts than "things".

Slightly off subject but I knew a guy that would only let his wife go on girls nights out if she was on her . They are divorced now.
  7. PAC

PAC

Being married for a long time, neither of us really want or need anything. But we got a dog this year. He has torn the crap out of our back yard and it is very muddy due to the lack of grass. Especially in the turns. So when it is wet we have to clean his paws when he comes in. Sometimes we don't get them clean enough and the small carpet by the deck door doesn't do much good. We decided to get a carpet cleaner as a joint gift and make a donation to the rescue group we got the dog from. Now if the grand kids were that easy........

Paul

:)
  8. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME! Supporting Member

I agree. My girlfriend and I have made it a habit over the last year to give two gifts for birthdays/Christmas, etc.
    One being a "thing", usually not costing very much, along with tickets to do something.

Last year she gave me a Stanley Kubrick DVD collection (9 films) along with tickets to the Kubrick exhibition at the LACMA. I gave her a Shakespeare magnetic poetry kit (currently all over our fridge) and season passes to Six Flags.
  9. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

well I'm going thru this struggle as we speak.. she loves sneakers but I feel crappy buying her some every year... oh well..
  10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

11. shadowtippy

shadowtippy

I agree with the day spa gift certificate. I got my wife one for her birthday and she told me I could get her one for every "holiday". Including, but not limited to: Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years(Eve and Day), Valentine's Day, Thursday, Friday, etc.
  12. RS

RS Supporting Member

Done that a couple times. Maybe 3.
  13. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Did this once on the recommendation of my older sister and wifey LOVED it.

I can't give it to her anymore because she now schedules her own "spa days" every few months for her and her oldest daughter.
  14. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

Nothing.

Since she has everything. If she won't stand for that when she already has everything, just tell her she is greedy and selfish. I don't foresee any problems.
  15. RS

RS Supporting Member

Ha, I wish!
  16. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

Yeah day spa is always a winner. Whatever allows her to relax and take care of herself is good.
  17. PAC

PAC

The gift my wife would really like, I can't get for her. She wants a hot air balloon ride. They won't take her because she had knee replacements. Liability ya know.

Paul

:meh:
  18. Mktrat

Mktrat Huh? Supporting Member

You could probably make it happen. There is a forum for ballooning. They have some post about disability ballooning. No disrespect to the misses, just saying.

http://www.hot-air-ballooning.org/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=25

I LOVE google.
  19. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

I have watching this thread closely as I am in the same boat. When I ask what she wants, she states she has everything. The day spa is a great idea, but she already goes like once a month with friends. I even asked if she wants to replace her 12 year old car.
    No..she loves her existing car and she does keep it looking like new. Maybe some roses??? When I look at the big picture I guess it is a good problem to have but I feel guilty not getting her anything. I don't want to buy her a junk gift just for the sake of buying a gift.
  20. PAC

PAC

Thanks for the information. Her birthday is coming next month.
    She would absolutely love that. The ones we spoke with are worried about a hard landing.

Paul

Happy holidays to you