Xmas gifts for working jazz double bassist?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Monk Of Funk, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Monk Of Funk

Monk Of Funk

Not really sure what would be the best section for this post, but I was wondering about some good gift ideas for a working jazz bassist. They predominantly play double bass, but sometimes electric bass, and sometimes piano as well. They can read music and all that stuff also, and they are a working musician, so they have a lot of sort of the basics, like fake books, and stuff like that.

But I was just wondering if anyone here has any good ideas as to what would be useful gift to get as a working bassist. I was thinking maybe an extra set of strings for a double bass.

The price point I'm looking for is anything from like 30$-300$ sort of thing.

just got him a fresh gig bag. I'm familiar with some things a musician might want, but since I don't play double bass I'm not sure what might be some handy things one would want to replace every so often or other sort of things I might not be aware of. Or any ideas anyone might have at all would be awesome.

2. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer Supporting Member

3. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    HPF Technology: Protecting the Pocket since 2007
    Gaines Wheel or Bass Buggie.

4. Monk Of Funk

Monk Of Funk

Lol, thx. But I won't get him that, because he has another job also.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

I've never met a bassist, upright or electric, who didn't genuinely appreciate a new set of strings for xmas.

7. Spaldo

Spaldo

+1

How about an A grade bow? I need one of these....now!

8. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

I have a friend who is a pretty small woman who plays DB. She got one of those little hand carts that's made for two golf bags. It fits a DB perfectly. She no longer carries her bass anywhere. She wheels it right to where she'll play it.