1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Xmas gifts for working jazz double bassist?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Monk Of Funk, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Monk Of Funk

Monk Of Funk

Not really sure what would be the best section for this post, but I was wondering about some good gift ideas for a working jazz bassist. They predominantly play double bass, but sometimes electric bass, and sometimes piano as well. They can read music and all that stuff also, and they are a working musician, so they have a lot of sort of the basics, like fake books, and stuff like that.

But I was just wondering if anyone here has any good ideas as to what would be useful gift to get as a working bassist. I was thinking maybe an extra set of strings for a double bass.

The price point I'm looking for is anything from like 30$-300$ sort of thing.

just got him a fresh gig bag. I'm familiar with some things a musician might want, but since I don't play double bass I'm not sure what might be some handy things one would want to replace every so often or other sort of things I might not be aware of. Or any ideas anyone might have at all would be awesome.
  2. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer Supporting Member

3. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    HPF Technology: Protecting the Pocket since 2007
    Gaines Wheel or Bass Buggie.
  4. Monk Of Funk

Monk Of Funk

Lol, thx. But I won't get him that, because he has another job also.
  5. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

I've never met a bassist, upright or electric, who didn't genuinely appreciate a new set of strings for xmas.
  6. Spaldo

Spaldo

+1

How about an A grade bow? I need one of these....now!
  7. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

I have a friend who is a pretty small woman who plays DB. She got one of those little hand carts that's made for two golf bags. It fits a DB perfectly. She no longer carries her bass anywhere. She wheels it right to where she'll play it.