Xotic X-Blender and and Envelope Filter

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jbassmaniac, Dec 3, 2013.

1. jbassmaniac

jbassmaniac REPRESENTING THE LOW END TO NO END!

I have an X-Blender and need some advice on how to set it into my effects chain. My loop goes:>BBE Optostomp Compressor>Trex Whirleyverb Reverb>EBS IQ EFilter> Aguilar TLC Octamizer> into X-Blender. First gig out I noticed my Envelope Filter was not acting right and not activating on attack and I believe this to be because it is running behind the compressor. Should it run before the comp? Is there a way I can wire the E-filter outside of the chain that is looped through the Blender to seperate it from the compressor yet it run with the other pedals when needed? How would I do that? Speak in laymans terms if you could please as I am kinda new at the effects pedal thang. I like to use the E-filter in combination with the Octamizer for a few solos. All my pedals are true bypass. I don't know how to split a signal or what equipment is involved in doing that. PLEASE HELP! Thanks!
  2. HolmeBass

HolmeBass

Just put the compressor at the very end of your chain instead of at the beginning. That's the simple route.

I suppose you could try to use the blender as a splitter to split the signal to the EF on one side and the compressor on the other, but you need some sort of mixer to recombine the signals later, and the X-Blender can't do this AFAIK.
  3. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

Try what HolmeBass said and also give putting your octave before your filter and your reverb near the end before your compressor a try.