1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Xotic XJ-1T 5 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lowstrung5, Apr 6, 2014.

1. lowstrung5

lowstrung5

Unfortunately the taxman and my wifes medical bills forces me to downsize so to speak. I'm offering up one of the finest basses I've owned (and I've owned or played a lot of boutiques). This is a fantastic instrument to say the least. I acquired it here on TB. I had it upraded by Xotic to the newer preamp and had HRI installed. Tone heaven!!!

It's an alder body/rosewood board in vintage white with matching headstock. Also has a tort pickguard. This one has the wonderful Lindy Fralin pickups. Weighs about 10 pounds. Retail for this same bass is over $4200. This bass is in great shape and has a few small scratches most of which you might notice by close inspection in the right light. It also has some small finish cracks by the neck pocket and some pickguard wear from slapping.

Specs can be found at: www.xotic.us

Also look at the videos on their site. Travis carlton has a vid of the same model bass (which is now owned by Rufus Philpot)

Everything functions great, frets are great, no issues in playability. It is currently strung with d'addario flexsteels. I'll include an extra set as well as the old preamp.

Pics are at: www.flickr.com/photos/lowstrung5

$1900 shipped conus only.

2. lowstrung5

lowstrung5

Pm's replied......yes I accept paypal, and other secure funds along with cash. Not really interested in trades at this time unless it includes a minimum of $900 my way.

thx,
    Phil

3. jonno1707

jonno1707 Supporting Member

4. lowstrung5

lowstrung5

5. Register to disable this ad