1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Xsonics Cab with Genz Benz, Fender, GK, MESA, SVT, etc,etc!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by svtb15, Mar 29, 2014.

1. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:Alleva-Coppolo| MESA |Genz-Benz R.I.P.|REDDI|Westone
    HI folks.
    First this is not a review. I Stink at that. I hate to type and don't do it well. Its not my forte. But i love gear pics and comments so here it is.

I bought this Xsonics cab about a month ago and im pretty impressed with its size, low weight and VOL. From bar gigs to a few large 3000+ theaters in recent weeks.. FOH included of course!:D And we are doing shows with singer Paul Rogers , and ill take it on that. Mostly larger rooms but with IEMs

The UNIQUE feature of the 1155 TF cab is the V-VIBE switch.
    The V-VIBE makes the cab either 2-way or 3-way.
    In 2-way, the 15 is run FULL RANGE and crossed over into the tweeter and bypassing the Mid driver.. Which gives it sort of your vintage type 2 way cab one with most mid-range grunt coming from the 15. It seems real punchy with a P Bass in that setting.
    In 3-way, the 15 is crossed into the Mid driver and the tweeter then take over the upper end like a typical 3 way PA box... Both Mid and Tweet have rotary VOL controls to vary their VOL..
    In fact in 2way you can turn off the tweeter to just get a 15 full range tone if you want.. Or get freaky and run it in 3-way with the mid off and get a mid scooped tone. I never do that. but one of my friends that heard it in an experiment liked it..

I seem to favor 2 way for rock type gigs with tweet dialed in a little and my other gigs i run 3-way with MOD driver at about 12 o'clock and tweet dialed in to add slight air on top.
    But I've been using different heads and that is what this thread is about. The Xsonics cabs and the heads being used with them.. New Spin on a thread maybe!:eek:
    So, Post your pics of you rigs and leave a message.
    I am leaving for a trip to the Alleva Coppolo Bass show in the morning and have allot to do. But when i get back i will update this and add to it.. Help your yourselves to discuss what you wish.

Personally , i have been digging my Fender TB1200 with 800 watts at 4Ω or MESA Mp600 into the cab.. NICE.
    And for Rock gigs i use it in 2way instead of 3 way..

But i used it on a club date last nice with only my walk about to power it and it rocked the house.. I did have FOH, but even with only the 300 watt form the MESA walkabout it delivered nicely..
    More details to come, but i wanted to start off with some photos.
    I lent out my Genz Benz Streamliner to a buddy whos markbass took a dive 2 weeks ago. So it will be a while before i get to use that. But i think the big bottom of the Streamliner will match up nicely with this cab. More pics to come

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Close UP of the V VIBE switch
    [​IMG]

2. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    some pics on the Mesa Walkabout mashup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Dom5string

Dom5string

I don't have the V-vibe switch. Maybe I can get a retrofit. Nice to have all those amps to choose from Kirk. I only have the GK Fusion 800 but it kills with my Xsonics 1155TF. Big smiles.

4. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    I gotta say, it seems pretty cool having a filter/switching scheme to go between old-school "fullrange from a paper cone", to the more PA-type 3-way.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    I guess the V Vibe is a retrofit type thing... I dont have the answer to that..
    But that KG amp that you have is a monster... !!!!!
    I have not used it lately but its goig to get its fill soon because i need more power for upcoming events... The WA sounds great.. but not enough headroom.. And i lent my Streamliner to a buddy that had his markbass take a poop and its been out of service for a looong time.. Cant wit to play teh Stream liner though this

7. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

Mine doesn't have the switch, but I honestly don't think I'd ever need it. My 1155 (kappalite) splits the difference perfectly between hi-fi PA speaker and traditional bass cab. I'm running my pedal board into the power amp of a Genz Shuttle 6.0 and I've never had better tone.

8. Tonetodiefor

Tonetodiefor Supporting Member

Kirk,

Sounds like a killer cabinet! Thanks for the report.

9. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

That Vibe switch is very unique. PORPS to Xsonics for creating a niche...

10. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Not so sure that im digging this new interface.. its has a rounded PlayDough look to it.. HA
    Anyway.. I have been using my Genz Streamliner 900 on my Xsonics cab and it is a great match.. Photos to come this week

11. 5StringPocket

5StringPocket Supporting Member

Streamliner 900 with an 1155TF definitely has a nice vibe to it.

12. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    I fond this to be a great match up.... My Streamliner and the 1155 Xsonics cab.. That head has lots of bottom......
    I have the 4Ω version, and that cab can take every watt
    10009324_10202808647271094_5893931600595060575_n.jpg

13. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    I was in rehearsals for show next week and this is the Xsonics 1155TF rig im using.. Alembic F2B into fender poweramp.. REDDI DI

10269418_10202844109637631_2701477858684508637_n.jpg

14. 5StringPocket

Cool, that seems to be working out well for you. I'm digging my 1155TF with a Jule De-Monique I just picked up. Like the new silver letter badges...

15. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Yeah.. My XSONICS badge is Dark in the light... Folks ask me about what type of PA cab Im using all the time.. I wish the badge was brighter

16. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Well I found out yesterday that that 1155 will handle all 800 watts at 4 ohms that the Fender Tb1200 puts out ..with ease...... I never hit the clip light with that amp before. but it was a loud gig on stage..

17. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    I was at a weird Rodeo gig last week.. Yee haw!!! Alleva Bass, REDDI> Alembic Pre>Fender Power section. Xsonics 1155.
    It slammed!

photo.JPG

18. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    At soundcheck on a theater gig this week. Still at set up time
    photo.JPG

19. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    crappy cell phone pic....This combo worked GREAT.. At setup time for a video i was shooting with a friend earlier today.. Same place as a few weeks ago...
    Xsonics 1155tf , Genz SM9.2 and my REDDI.. Not showing is my 59 P bass and Alleva kbp5 bass..
    The genz DI is great but the engineer always says Bring That REDDI Thing. .so i do.. 10502109_10203274355993521_229646641388615223_n.jpg

rodl2005 likes this.
  20. 5StringPocket

Gotta keep the engineer happy. You're certainly getting a lot of gigs in with this cab! I've got a Demeter VTBP-800D on order and think it should sound pretty good through the 1155TF as well.

svtb15 likes this.
  21. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    I forgot to take a photo this week... i will next though... One real potent tower yet manageable.. Used my Fender Tb1200 head which is 2Ω ready running 2.6Ωs with ease.....
    Genz Benz uber 115 on the bottom and my Xsonics 1155TF on top.... The Uber 115 is 8Ω and my Xsonics 1155 is 4Ω...
    They match up real well actually!!!
    The overall output was Full, Deep, Tight, Punchy with a little tube Girth.... It has the ability to shake your fat and be pretty HIFI if that is what you want... Im going to use the two together again this week coming...