Yamaha 115B

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by bass_snake, Jul 7, 2009.

1. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

It's cheap enough, but honestly, nothing more than a practice amp for the bedroom, and a pretty big one at that. What do you want from it? Gigs? Don't think it's a great idea, but if you like how it sounds, and just need a bedroom amp, go for it.

3. Frankie Fender

Frankie Fender

I played one for years at church as part of a six-piece band and it sounded good. Plenty loud enough for a 300 seat room. Nothing but good memories with that amp.

4. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Umm, not really for a gig but just an upgrade for my 13 year old 35 watt amp. I know that I should get a better one. At least a 200 watt. It' s just I don' t have plenty of money. :(

Thank you guys for the reply. :)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned

7. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Supporting Member

Yep, it is 30 watts - and that was the WORST sounding amp I ever had! I would not consider it any kind of an upgrade.

Dan K.

8. Frankie Fender

Frankie Fender

Sorry, I guess I am mistaken. Mine was a 100 watt 115 combo. Maybe I had a B100 then, it was the late 80's and a long time ago.

9. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Damn it! It' s a 30 watt amp. I just found out. I thought it was a 100 watt solid state. Nevermind...:rollno:

Thanks anyway guys. :cool:

10. KJL

KJL

I've got the combo version - they were built late 70s/early 80s - 50 watts and growls - I use it live all the time - fills most rooms when you are playing up to 300 people - I even bought a second - shouldn't have to pay more than $75 used...KJL

11. Northern Pike

Northern Pike

I'm pretty sure that amp is 100 watts. I've had one since the 70s. Back then I played bars with it and it did the job. I thought it sounded good, though the JBL D140F I had in it may have helped. Its still in the basement but I haven't used it in decades.