1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Yamaha BB1000 Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Azimuth, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Azimuth

Azimuth

Hey, I'm looking to upgrade from my first bass, an Epiphone Tbird. I play quite a bit live, and I'm going to be starting some recording in the new year. I came across this ad on kijiji and am wondering if this is a good fit. I don't know a lot about different basses, especially vintage ones, but this seems like a good deal. Is this a good price for its condition and what should I know about its sound, constructions, etc?
    Thanks!

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-brass-Yamaha-BB1000-bass-with-original-Case-W0QQAdIdZ555590152
  2. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

The older Yamaha BB series are well made, good sounding basses. The older MIJ examples are generally more desirable than the models made in Taiwan. $400 is around the going rate. Not a bad deal, not a great deal either.
  3. dalkowski

dalkowski

Very fine bass, but seller is asking 50-100 loonies too many for that condition, IMHO.
  4. GM60466

GM60466

Nice bass - too much!