Yamaha BB1024X

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Classic5, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Classic5

Classic5

I just purchased this bass a few days ago and am so impressed by it's playability, construction and sound that I thought I'd post a quick video of how it sounds. Ed Friedland did a much better review of the 2025X, but this is the mid range model which has many of the features of the top of the range bass but for much less $$.

Anyone interested in a terrific passive PJ instrument should put this on their list and check it out. My playing and my recording technique are not the greatest but it will hopefully give you an idea of the sound of this bass. I'm really loving it!
  2. bill reed

bill reed

Hi
    Really nice bass and sounds good too.
    I really think that Yamaha are so underrated as a bass maker, they really make very good basses.
    yet to see a bad one or met someone who has something bad to say about them.
  3. Classic5

Classic5

Thanks Bill, this really is a very good bass for the price. I really don't have anything negative to say about it at all. A lot of people tend to say that these basses are heavy, but I weighed mine last night and it's only 4kg or 8.8lb. Nicely balanced too. I also really like the fact that they use their own pickups, which in this instance are just perfect. I'd love to take this bass into a proper recording studio one day.
  4. Herrick

Herrick

I got a BB1025X recently and my only complaint is the weight. The playability is really nice & the sound is great. I'm looking for one without the pickguard because I prefer the more "clean" look.

I read somewhere that the 2000 series may be lighter but they're so expensive!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Classic5

Classic5

I tried two in my local store prior to purchasing and the weight was not an issue on either one. How heavy is the one that you bought?
  7. Herrick

Herrick

I don't know. My scale doesn't work anymore and I'm too lazy to buy another one :( It's the heaviest 5-string bass I've owned out of the two Warwick Corvette Standards & two Fender Precision Vs I've had.