Yamaha BB2000 - True gem!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by berklee46, Nov 3, 2012.

1. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

I literally got this bass 2 days ago after grabbing it from a fellow TB'er. I've always loved the unique tone of these passive BB2000 basses and had to jump on this one. But after back surgery, I'm coming to grips with the fact that a 10lb bass just isn't in the cards for me. I'd rather try to move it before I get too attached.

The bass is in as spectacular shape as described in the original FS post. It looks more like it's a couple years old rather than almost 30! I'll guarantee there aren't many of these still in this condition.
    The simple passive V-T pickup selector yeilds a ton of tones. These basses ooze punch and to my ears, have that unique mid-punch that reminds me of the Wal Mach III I used to have.

I got a fantastic deal on this bass and while I could list it for more, I'd rather pass along the deal to a fellow TB'er. I'm only looking to break even, so $800 gets it shipped to your door within the continental US.

The previous owned bought this within an hour of being listed and I did the same. These sought after basses don't seem to last long!

Link to the original ad:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/yamaha-bb2000-true-gem-928549/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. EduardoK

EduardoK Gold Supporting Member

Nut width?
    What is the neck shape/feel/tapper front to back? Similar to a P or a J... shape is more like a C, a U, a D, a V,.... lol... you get my point I hope...
    The bass looks in wonderful condition, straight neck with low action? Truss rod functioning effortlessly?

3. berklee46

The neck feels more P-Bass to me. It feels a bit chunky with a "C" shape, but I could be wrong and will gladly let the experts here correct me.

It's in fantastic shape and the action is as low as my Sadowsky and plays cleanly. There is still plenty of room on the bridge saddles to go higher or lower. I haven't adjusted the truss rod, but judging from the setup the previous owner did and what I was told, I can only assume it works perfectly.

As good looking as it is, especially for it's age, the tone is where this thing really shines.

4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Very cool. Dig that mac ebony board.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

As many of us already know, these are really amazing basses. I have owned and played one since 1982 when I first became aware of them. They have fantastic tone and playability which explains why they are revered by players all over the world. Finding one in this kind of shape for only $800.00 is an excellent opportunity to join the club. You won't be sorry........

7. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

I have a BB 1000S and this lovely bass looks like the Cadillac version of it. Upgraded body and fingerboard woods, oval inlays instead of dots, upgraded pickups.

The bridge and tuners are wonderful pieces of hardware - the bridge has a cast understructure that fits into a routed cavity in the body below the mounting plate. It's super solid.

The tuners are much higher quality than the typical tuners found on Fenders, etc. The tuner key shafts have adjustable tension.

If you're not a fan of pickup selector switches, changing to V-V-T is a very easy and reversible mod.

8. Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42

As the title says this is a true gem!

9. mizu

mizu

Whoa. A gem indeed!

10. Alex1984

Alex1984

The craftsmanship on these basses are really great! They are a pretty unique breed and offer many characteristics that I like in an active bass. A good mix of modern and vintage.

11. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

I sure hope I can buy another BB2000 some day. They are wonderful basses!

12. satellite4

satellite4

13. oboylebass

oboylebass

Holy Michael Anthony Batman! Cool bass.

14. Bass42

Bass42

Disclosures:
    Endorsing : Elixir Strings, Digitech , Eden Amplification
    hello !
    Is it a Japan made bass or a Korean one ? Do you have the case ? How much to ship it to Miami ?

Thanks

15. berklee46

It's one if the Japanese models and includes the original case.

Shipping is included in the $800 price.

Thanks.

16. Bass42

Bass42

Disclosures:
    Endorsing : Elixir Strings, Digitech , Eden Amplification
    How can I contact you ? Phone number ?

17. LowBSix

LowBSix

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    I've owned one since 1981. Bought used in NY City for $200. At one point I had 19 basses. A year ago I was down to 3 and sold 2. My Yamaha is the only one I hung on to.

John Carruthers put a brass nut, EMG PJ and and changed the knobs to P style.

Mine goes to all sessions and usually is chosen by engineers and producers....
    Intonation is consistant and no dead spots on the neck.

18. Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42

Wow!

I hope I keep track of it, one day if things improve financially speaking, I'll buy it back. It's been very hard to find it in these conditions and I can't believe it's still here.

19. berklee46

20. wfmandmusic

wfmandmusic Banned

I cant resit this one any longer. I tried but failed. In the 80s, I had a BB3000AF. It was the most beautiful fretless. I recorded 2 albums with it before the neck was destroyed in an accident. Still to this day, it was one of the nicest basses I ever played and I miss it dearly. I hope this one comes close. PM sent to you because I'll take it.

21. berklee46

Looks like it's sold.

Thanks!