1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Yamaha BB2000 with OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thegreatmattsby, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegreatmattsby

thegreatmattsby Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

OK, TBers, let's find a good home for this bass!

There's lots of love for these old Yamahas here, but in case you're not familiar with this particular model, it's a neck-through design, with a 5-piece maple and mahogany neck and alder body wings. Pickups are P/J and controls are volume, passive tone, and pickup selector switch. Note the P pickups are in the reversed position you'll also see on Spector basses, which, at least to my ears, beefs up the output from the D and G strings. Neck is P-like, 1.6875" at the nut, with a C profile. 34" scale, 21 frets with oval mother-of-pearl markers. According to the bathroom scale, it's about 9.5-10 lbs.

Sounds great, and I could probably dig up some clips to prove it.

The only imperfections are cosmetic, and those are typical for a pass nearly 30 years old. Photos below give a good idea, and I'll post more over the next day or so to complete the picture. OHSC is included!

Looking for $650 + cost of shipping.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pictures of the dings, etc., can be found here. Again, it looks great for its age, but I want to be as thorough as possible:

https://picasaweb.google.com/100915...&authkey=Gv1sRgCLGD4sSq07fBcg&feat=directlink
  2. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    493   0   0

Beautiful bass and a very reasonable price!
  3. AcridSaint

AcridSaint

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

This is a very cool bass man. GLWS.
  4. thegreatmattsby

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Thanks for the support, swpyne and AcridSaint!

I've updated the original post with a link to more pictures.
  5. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    493   0   0

You're welcome and BTW, those are excellent photos of the imperfections. Everyone on TB should be this thorough when it comes to showing the actual condition of an instrument.
  6. robd

robd Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

free bump for a great bass. Played one of these for 20 years until I switched to 5ers. The only 5 string I could find that played close to as nice as the BB was a Modulus.

If you play 4 strings this is the bass
  7. pablop

pablop Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

This is a beast of a bass, free bump for a highly underpriced bass, wish I had the extra dough...
  8. wfmandmusic

wfmandmusic

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

That's a lot of bass for the money! For those of you who have never had the pleasure of playing one of these, I highly suggest you try. I had one in the 80's, picked up a 2000S a few months ago, and it was like coming home to an old friend. My band thinks it's the best sounding bass I own, and that's funny because it's the least expensive one I own.
  9. thegreatmattsby

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Thanks for all the comments! I'm hardly a disinterested party here, but I will say that when all my dreams come true and I finally achieve greatest-living-player status, design discussions over my signature model bass are going to be really quick: BB2000 with a J neck. Maybe we replace the volume knob with a bottle opener. Voila.

All PMs have been answered.
  10. thegreatmattsby

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

On hold pending payment...
  11. pablop

pablop Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

finally someone put me out of my misery!
    I would love to trade my bb1000S for this one, beautiful bass, a beast to play.
    Try the rickenbacker strings on this bass, it grooooowwwlls!
  12. thegreatmattsby

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Payment posted, so this one's sold and headed west. Enjoy, A!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.