1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Yamaha BB2000

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Halegroove, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Halegroove

Halegroove Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0

If you are thinking of a great Christmas gift for yourself this great bass could be it. It is all original from the great days of Yamaha BB series basses.
    I have both a BB2000 and a BB1200 all original up for sale. That will leave me 1 Yamaha neck thru that a fellow TBer is presently giving a custom paint job. It's no secret I'm a Yamaha lover and would love to keep them all but my goal is to get down to 4.

This one is a great bass that's in great condition except one thing. The previous owner thought it would be great to have a thumb rest between the pickups. He put 6 screw holes in between the P and J pickups to accomplish his need. I never felt the need to have them filled in. There's normal aging on the tuners but they all function normal.

This bass is fully functional in every way.

$675 shipped conus in a non original hardcase.

Attached Files:

2. Halegroove

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0

more pics

Attached Files:

3. Scophile

Scophile

0   0   0

I have the exact bass fretless. Under rated monster ax. Yamaha BB (for Broad Bass) laminated neck through's from the 80's are unheralded gems. I have a BB-1200 and the BB-2000 fretless. I love my '62 stacked Jazz, but give me one of these over a P-bass any day. Good luck, wish I needed one to add to the stable. Warm punch all day long.
  4. Halegroove

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0

These basses have the sound, construction, looks and feel of a much more expensive instrument. If I was told I could only own one bass....it would be a BB2000.
  5. Halegroove

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0

Pm's replied
  6. bassguyky48

bassguyky48 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I have an old 1100s that I acquired 20+ years ago and I still love that bass. The old 80's Yamaha's are very special instruments.
    bump for a rare jewel and a great TB er!
  7. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Bump. I have a BB2000 and a BB2000 fretless. Classic axes that will devour any mid-80's Fender for a midnight snack.
  8. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    493   0   0

Ditto........;)
  9. Halegroove

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0

This one is sold! The BB1200 is still available.