Yamaha BB424 vs Yamaha TRBX504

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Enrico Hendro, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Enrico Hendro

Enrico Hendro

hello there,
    I currently own a yamaha bb424, and the other day I heard Yamaha launched the TRBX series...so I'm wondering which bass is better the Yamaha BB424 or the new Yamaha TRBX504??
  2. 4StringsEnough

4StringsEnough

I'll try my best.... Both are great basses. The BB424/424X is a fantastic bass that will out-P-bass any Mexican Fender. It also has the option of adding in J-bass tones from the rear pickup. 100% passive. Great, aggressive PJ.

The TRBX504 is equally good, just different. The active tones on it are brilliant. The passive tones are just as nice. It will get very close to a P-bass tone in passive mode but it's not exactly the same. Less aggressive than the BB424.

The TRBX can get close to what the BB does but not the other way around. If you always use passive tones, get the BB. If you need more versatility get the TRBX.

Both basses outperform instruments costing twice their price. They're both fantastic so you really can't go wrong. Though the right answer really is........buy both! :p
  3. Tubbers

Tubbers

Was thinking about getting the TRBX myself! Looks fantastic. I've never had/played a bass that can be switched from active to passive. When switched to passive, is the battery still needed?
  4. 4StringsEnough

4StringsEnough

The battery is not needed in passive mode. But don't think of the passive mode as some 'get me out of trouble if the battery dies'. It's there as a tone choice and is equally valid as the active tones. Besides, there's a low battery LED so there's no excuse for the battery dying on you anyway!
  5. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

I've been liking the looks and sounds of the TRBX since Yamaha started promoting it last April. The price tag helps fuel the GAS fire as well.
  6. acmeseed

acmeseed Supporting Member

Is there a Yamaha bass that is close to the Fender Jazz?

I own both a P and a Jazz and I always gravitate towards the Jazz for the neck.

Thanks.
  7. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

And the word "better" in this context means exactly......?