1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Please note: We are performing several software upgrades tonight, Sept 29th. Please bear with us. You may notice some formatting issues and other bugs.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

YAMAHA BBN5A NATHAN EAST 5 V AMBER BURST, CLEAN!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by studio848, Mar 8, 2014.

1. studio848

studio848 Supporting Member

YAMAHA BBN5A NATHAN EAST 5 V AMBER BURST, CLEAN!

SOLD!

Great professional bass guitar, but I MUST thin the herd! Monster tone - from huge bass to slap to major honk from the bridge pickup - 2 band eq with 3 position mid control (I have it set up for flat/mid scoop/mid bump) -one 9V battery. Very clean, all original, no issues.

I have also owned 2 BBNE1 basses - I believe the differences from this BBN5A are ebony vs rosewood fingerboard, and flame vs natural top. The electronics, tone, and playability are identical for much less $$.

Serial number=9FX1xxx - I believe that translates to mfg date in 1999 - mfg in Japan. Here are specs from Yamaha.

String spacing - I measured ~19mm at bridge - just like my Fender Am Std Precision V.

Weight is a bit over 10 lbs on my digital bathroom scale.

I can include a gig bag for free, or a hard shell case for a few extra bucks $$ for shipping.

SOLD!

Attached Files:

2. studio848

pics

Attached Files:

3. studio848

pics.

Attached Files:

4. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Very nice, I played one of these for several years. Great stage bass! Does this one come with a case or bag?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. studio848

bumpski - and I can include a gig bag for free , or a hard shell case for a few extra bucks $$ for shipping

check it out! thx...

7. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

8. gzarate85

gzarate85 Supporting Member

GREAT bass. I've used this for many years and currently use the BBNE1. Can't go wrong with this one at a great price.

If I'm not mistaken this is not the actual Nathan East model. The differences is subtle in tonality yet significant enough in the looks department with upgraded top and block inlays and ebony fingerboard.

9. swpyne

Correct, the BBN5A is similar to the BBNE but doesn't have the fancy "flamed" or "quilted" top, the "belly cut" contour on the back or an ebony board with "real" MOP and Abalone block inlay. Other than these cosmetic difference, they are essentially the same instrument. I have played both models many times and felt they were functionally and tonally equal.....

10. gzarate85

gzarate85 Supporting Member

Agreed!

Love this bass, wish I could take it off your hands!

11. swpyne

+1 :hyper:

12. studio848

hey yo - bump - I updated the original post w/serial number and mfg date (1999, pretty sure), my location (SoCal), and differences vs BBNE1 (note both have a 'belly cut' on back of body vs what a poster claimed above).

lots of interest - thanks - let's do it!

13. studio848