1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Yamaha BBN5II pickup size

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Forbin99, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Forbin99

Forbin99

I was wondering if anyone knew the dimensions for the stock pickups in the BBN5II. It's the model that has the soapbar style pickups. Wondering if I can fit some emg dc40 in there. Thanks.
  2. dalkowski

dalkowski

By my measurement, the rout is 4.75" x 1.5" Hope that helps!
  3. Forbin99

Forbin99

Awesome, thanks so much for measuring, appreciate it
  4. Jamie_Funk

Jamie_Funk Supporting Member

45 series EMGs fit a lot better - still a gap on the ends but FAR less noticeable than using a 40, though the 40 will work.

I happen to have BOTH sizes in my Yamaha BBG5 right now (waiting for another 45 to arrive soon) - take a look for comparison:. Here are a couple shots for perspective.

J

Attached Files: