1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Yamaha Club Part II

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Levy's Leathers
  2. Fassa Albrecht

Fassa Albrecht

Whoo!!!

I LOVE Yammies!
  3. AREA

AREA

I´m awaiting this Beauty....bought it yesterday from Basschat.co.uk :) Should be here around the Mid of the next Week

[​IMG]
  4. darkrider1

darkrider1

So how many Yamaha's does this make for you AREA?
  5. AREA

AREA

Oh, it´s current my only Yamaha, but I´ve got a few in the past Years...

- BBG4SII
    - BBG5A
    - RBX 374
    - RBX 250F
    - BB415
    and now the TRB 1005
  6. darkrider1

darkrider1

You just sell them off when you want a new one? :)
  7. AREA

AREA

Not really....It´s ment over the Years. You know, it´s the normal GAS-Thing...

I´ve been playing for 25 Years now. Some Basses come, some Basses go and some Basses stay. Thats it.
  8. JackSun

JackSun

Hello Guys~
    This is my TRB-5P2
    So...I am no. ???

Attached Files:

9. filter

filter

Let me in the club!:hyper:

Attached Files:

• trba.jpg
      trba.jpg
      File size:
      32.1 KB
      Views:
  10. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorser: Marco Bass Guitars
  11. Dave328

Dave328

Here to join the club. I have had a black Yamaha BB300 since 1999. Needs a little work, new tuner key and a jack plate. Love how heavy this thing is.

Planning on adding some active EMG's, and a new Hipshot A Style bridge.
  12. filter

filter

Is this club still active?
  13. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Uhm I think I might have just done a bad thing. Ive never seen a Yammy or know anything about them. Been real curious about them since I discovered Sheehan. He can make his sing quite well to say the least and I like how some of the models look. Been reading about all the pos comments about them...uhm...ok..its a project...it needs pots at the very least (its not working at ALL right now but its all there) and a gallon of googone to defeat the sticker monster that attacked it but uhm...here is my first Yammy...just got it about 5 minutes ago and will have it paid later tonight:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230292058355&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=013

Was $50 total with shipping bad for an RBX200???
  14. christle

christle Supporting Member

You will be fine :)
  15. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorser: Marco Bass Guitars
    Who is in charge of this club and giving out numbers? I have a TRB5-IIF in transit and I would love to join.

Thanks.
  16. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Thanks to this board I am learning finally how to do work on a bass. I am actually working on one now and have some stuff lined up for another one Ive got. I saw that Yamaha and asked someone here on PM about it. They felt it was probably pots or whatnot but either way it should be a cheap fix (hope those arent famous last words LOL). Minus the stickers that yammy has ME written all over it. I know natta about them but the neck looks nice and, well, I simply wanted it. LOL Is this a good model? I don't even know their models LOL
  17. christle

It is a fine instrument that was from the budget-intermediate line if I remember correctly. If it is anything like a RBX270 it will be a fine player and of decent quality. Hopefully a more knowledgeable person will post more.
  18. christle

You should be able to use goo-gone to remove the stickers and any junk that is built up on the body. I would love to see a review once you have fixed it up a bit.
  19. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

I still need to do and post a review on my Fender Cowpoke but Im not exactly sure where you post reviews and such here. Also I want to brush up more on my tech knowledge since a lot like to hear the tech side of a bass model instead of just 'fast neck and sounds awesome' LOL

I paid for it a few minutes ago. I did call the seller and ask if I was eligible for their shipping discount for quick pay and they said yes so its like I got that thing for $45 and some change before it was done. Dayum my BF is going to kill me when he gets home and finds out I got another axe.... oh dear... LOL

I can't wait to get it in and get it fixed. And yea I will have googone ready. That bridge looks pretty dingy too. Hope it cleans up and is ok. If not I will probably had to get another bridge for it. No biggie.
  20. Thump Jr.

Thump Jr.

A crappy webcam shot of me and my black BB614.

Attached Files: