1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Yamaha Club Part II

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Levy's Leathers
  2. Fassa Albrecht

Fassa Albrecht

Whoo!!!

I LOVE Yammies!

3. AREA

AREA

I´m awaiting this Beauty....bought it yesterday from Basschat.co.uk :) Should be here around the Mid of the next Week

[​IMG]

4. darkrider1

darkrider1

So how many Yamaha's does this make for you AREA?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. AREA

AREA

Oh, it´s current my only Yamaha, but I´ve got a few in the past Years...

- BBG4SII
    - BBG5A
    - RBX 374
    - RBX 250F
    - BB415
    and now the TRB 1005

7. darkrider1

darkrider1

You just sell them off when you want a new one? :)

8. AREA

AREA

Not really....It´s ment over the Years. You know, it´s the normal GAS-Thing...

I´ve been playing for 25 Years now. Some Basses come, some Basses go and some Basses stay. Thats it.

9. JackSun

JackSun

Hello Guys~
    This is my TRB-5P2
    So...I am no. ???

Attached Files:

10. filter

filter

Let me in the club!:hyper:

Attached Files:

• trba.jpg
      trba.jpg
      File size:
      32.1 KB
      Views:
  11. YCBass

YCBass

Disclosures:
    Endorser: Marco Bass Guitars, Dunlop Super Bright Bass Strings
  12. Dave328

Dave328

Here to join the club. I have had a black Yamaha BB300 since 1999. Needs a little work, new tuner key and a jack plate. Love how heavy this thing is.

Planning on adding some active EMG's, and a new Hipshot A Style bridge.

13. filter

filter

Is this club still active?

14. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Uhm I think I might have just done a bad thing. Ive never seen a Yammy or know anything about them. Been real curious about them since I discovered Sheehan. He can make his sing quite well to say the least and I like how some of the models look. Been reading about all the pos comments about them...uhm...ok..its a project...it needs pots at the very least (its not working at ALL right now but its all there) and a gallon of googone to defeat the sticker monster that attacked it but uhm...here is my first Yammy...just got it about 5 minutes ago and will have it paid later tonight:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230292058355&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=013

Was $50 total with shipping bad for an RBX200???

15. christle

christle Supporting Member

16. YCBass

YCBass

Disclosures:
    Endorser: Marco Bass Guitars, Dunlop Super Bright Bass Strings
    Who is in charge of this club and giving out numbers? I have a TRB5-IIF in transit and I would love to join.

Thanks.

17. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Thanks to this board I am learning finally how to do work on a bass. I am actually working on one now and have some stuff lined up for another one Ive got. I saw that Yamaha and asked someone here on PM about it. They felt it was probably pots or whatnot but either way it should be a cheap fix (hope those arent famous last words LOL). Minus the stickers that yammy has ME written all over it. I know natta about them but the neck looks nice and, well, I simply wanted it. LOL Is this a good model? I don't even know their models LOL

18. christle

It is a fine instrument that was from the budget-intermediate line if I remember correctly. If it is anything like a RBX270 it will be a fine player and of decent quality. Hopefully a more knowledgeable person will post more.

19. christle

You should be able to use goo-gone to remove the stickers and any junk that is built up on the body. I would love to see a review once you have fixed it up a bit.

20. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

I still need to do and post a review on my Fender Cowpoke but Im not exactly sure where you post reviews and such here. Also I want to brush up more on my tech knowledge since a lot like to hear the tech side of a bass model instead of just 'fast neck and sounds awesome' LOL

I paid for it a few minutes ago. I did call the seller and ask if I was eligible for their shipping discount for quick pay and they said yes so its like I got that thing for $45 and some change before it was done. Dayum my BF is going to kill me when he gets home and finds out I got another axe.... oh dear... LOL

I can't wait to get it in and get it fixed. And yea I will have googone ready. That bridge looks pretty dingy too. Hope it cleans up and is ok. If not I will probably had to get another bridge for it. No biggie.

21. Thump Jr.

Thump Jr.

A crappy webcam shot of me and my black BB614.

Attached Files: