1. Please note: We are performing several software upgrades tonight, Sept 29th. Please bear with us. You may notice some formatting issues and other bugs.

Yamaha PE 200 Keyboard/ Bass Amp Old/Vintage

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by afromoose, Jul 28, 2008.

1. afromoose

afromoose Guest

Hi

I've recently got hold of a yamaha pe200 bass/ keyboard amp with 3x10 inch speakers. It's solid state 200w, with two channels (both have eq and one has built in tremolo (very very nice) and wah which you need to plug a controller into). It has four outputs from the preamp (which is separate), and the power amp is IN THE CABINET, which has two inputs.

It's got a great sound, but at the moment it's not particularly loud. It's pretty loud, but not very loud. The definition is great, because it's got three speakers, but I could do with a bit more oomph.

I was wondering if anyone would recommend ways to increase the efficiency of the amp. Would new speakers help? It has the originals, which are yamaha, (i don't think yamaha are known for making amazing speakers).

If I replaced the speakers, would they all need to be the same type? Also, what would be a good choice of speaker for bass?

Thanks