1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Yamaha RBX-375 question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dogwillhunt80, Sep 30, 2013.

1. dogwillhunt80

dogwillhunt80

Hi.

I was offering to trade my acoustic/electric Epiphone El Capitan for a fully electric bass and I got an offer for a Yamaha RBX-375.

While the reviews seem great, one thing I've noticed is that it takes batteries for some reason.

What would a fully electric bass need batteries for? I tried to find this online but couldn't find an answer. I know that for my acoustic/electric bass, it takes batteries for the pick-up but I can't see why it would on a regular electric bass.

Could anyone give me insight to this? Thanks.
  2. Bassy Mark

Bassy Mark

Active electronics.
  3. GrumpiusMaximus

GrumpiusMaximus I've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe Supporting Member

Active basses typically have a built-in preamp and EQ circuitry that has boost as well as cut.
  4. awilkie84

awilkie84

Active EQ, passive pickups. Personally, I had one of these for about a week & returned it. They feel cheap, the EQ isn't that great and I couldn't get the thing set up well, even with 2 luthiers looking at it. :( I would pass on it.

There are also acoustic basses that don't need batteries. It all depends on the type of pickup used.