1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Yamaha RBX Series Owners Club (?)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by djole94hns, Jan 30, 2014.

1. djole94hns

djole94hns

Hello guys,
    I would like to start a Yamaha RBX Owners club, as I see a trend here where everyone has a club of its own :) So, what do you guys think, and does any of you have that sweet, sweet RBX bass I love so much? :)

EDIT:

So, it is just the 2 people for now :)

1 - djole94hns
    2 - El Saico
  2. El Saico

El Saico Guest

There's one for the BB series, so why not?

Here's my baby RBX374, together with its Squier brother - it's amazing how fast I can play (and want to play!) this thing.

(also, my next cellphone will definitely have a better camera)

[​IMG]
  3. djole94hns

djole94hns

All right, take your number :) Yamaha RBX Series Owners Club #2 :D
  4. Joe Kyle

Joe Kyle

I missed a great deal on an RBX 1000 a few weeks ago. Such a killer bass.... If anyone has leads on them (or just pretty pictures) please post!
  5. djole94hns

djole94hns

/bump

Also, @Joe Kyle:

I think that RBX 1000 is amazing, but I am not that much of an Active bass fan... RBX 374 is my goal :)
  6. dalkowski

dalkowski

Number me, please! My fretless, a late 80s RBX200F.

[​IMG]
  7. djole94hns

djole94hns

dalkowski, here you go: Yamaha RBX Series Owners Club #3
    It is a beauty, I must say. I like the old headstock :)
  8. djole94hns

djole94hns

Here is my beauty, and there is also a bass guitar :)

My cat thinks my bass is her best friend apparently, she does not leave it's side...

[​IMG]

Current members:

1 - djole94hns
    2 - El Saico
    3 - dalkowski
  9. TitaniumRx

TitaniumRx

Count me in,i have two.:)

The black one is RBX300.I bye it back to 1992.This is my very first bass.Never have a single problem with.I use Dean Markleys blue steels on.I have only change the black original knobs with silver ones.I you see carefully i added a piece of wood that i made my self,just before the bridge and after the pups to rest my thumb.

The red one is a RBX6JM.Bye it back to 2002 and is my favorite bass until now.I use Ernie Ball nickels.

[​IMG]
  10. djole94hns

djole94hns

Sure thing, take your number :)

Current members:

1 - djole94hns
    2 - El Saico
    3 - dalkowski
    4 - TitaniumRx
  11. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Hey. Just throwing this out there, you may want to have the mods move this thread to the BASSES sub-forum? Probably not gonna get much play here in the BASSIST sub-forum. Just a thought.

Good luck, guys, Yamaha makes great stuff!
  12. bill reed

bill reed

my RBX 170. fitted a bridge cover as I did not like the chrome bridge so cover it with a black cover.
    really nice bass.

Attached Files:

13. JoshC

JoshC

A RBX170 was my first bass when I was like 14. Served me well until my senior year when I upgraded.
  14. sandman357

sandman357

Sign me up. I have been playing my RBX 350 for over 20 years now. Have had other basses but keep coming back it.

[​IMG]
  15. Draculea

Draculea

Just yesterday I traded my Ibby for an RBX 375. I know, pics or it didn't happen, so I'll post them as soon as I take them.
  16. TitaniumRx

TitaniumRx

Witch Ibby?What is the difference between the two?Because i am gone by my first one Ibanez to near feature(Sr375 or Sr705).

Thanks in advance;)
  17. nashvillebill

nashvillebill

My RBX760A, bought it new in '97.

Attached Files:

18. michaelandrew

michaelandrew The bass player is always right. Supporting Member

My avatar is an RBX-765A (2001) - it now has an Audere classic 4-band pre (highly recommended). I'm "5-String #765" :D.
  19. Draculea

Draculea

I had the SR 375M, really good bass in almost every aspect. I traded it because it wasn't what I was looking for in terms of tone, objectively speaking the sound is actually quite good. One thing though that seems to be a common flaw with some Ibbys, is the finish on the frets, they are a bit sharp and protrude from the sides of the fretboard. Other than that no complaints.

Now, in regards to the Yamaha I traded it for, I like it better as it has IMO a more versatile sound, and the tone is what I was looking for. The bridge is a little beefy so really low action is a problem, but that can be easily solved with another bridge or simply with a shim. Wider neck on the Yammie as well, which I like; however, if you're into thin and fast necks the Ibby could be the thing for you.

The Ibby is lighter, the SR 375 is made of maple by the way. I like both color schemes, being the Ibby brownburst with a maple fretboard, and the RBX flat silver and with a rosewood fretboard. Two different beasts, both great, but as I said I prefer the Yammie because the sound and overall design suit me better.

I recently bought a TRBX as well, oly white, and it's also an amazing bass, and the one that took me into that specific direction in terms of sound and design, which I don't regret.
  20. TitaniumRx

TitaniumRx

Thank you so much!!!!! :smug:

We have the same likes about the tone:)

I know very well all the good thinks a Yamaha bass have,tone and construction.I have 2 of them and i love 'em.My favorite is my RBX6JM.But is very heavy.I want a light good sounding bass and may i like the tone of the Ibby.I look in the new Trbx models also if the weight is close.

Thank you again:hyper: