1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Yamaha SA-70 bass from 60's?

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by peasandpotatoes, Feb 11, 2013.

1. peasandpotatoes

peasandpotatoes

Hey justin!

I just scored on of these from the 'bay and was wondering if you've ever used one, as I know your fond of weird old hollowbodies ;)
    Any opinions?

Thanks!
  2. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen

Bought one once...it was problematic electronically, but now I regret selling. Fun bass!
  3. timmarks

timmarks big notes Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland, D'Addario, Mesa
    I used to have one as well. It sounded killer but the neck was a little wonky so I let it go.
  4. peasandpotatoes

peasandpotatoes

How would you compare it to say, a Guild Starfire? That's what I was really looking for, however they're damn near impossible to find these days, and when you do find them they're upwards of $3000!

Thanks! :bassist:
  5. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen

It didn't compare. Not as rich or full-bodied in tone..