1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Yamaha TRB6 Lane Poor pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by richst, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richst

richst Supporting Member

I just got this and really had some plans for it but I guess I did a lot of gigs last year and ............blah blah blah taxman blah blah......

Here is a mid 90's Yamaha TRB6 in really great shape with Lane Poor pickups and the stock quasi parametric preamp. sweepable highs and lows via an adjustment in the cavity. Mids are via a knob with 3 settings.......flat, scoop and boost. There is a mid boost amount mini pot in the cavity. Does all that make sense? PM me if you need clarification.

Typical bolt on neck construction. maple/pau ferro neck and swamp ash body. 3/4" spacing at the bridge with a slap contour in the body. 34" scale. medium sized frets with plenty of life left. brand new set of DR Fatbeams installed. I'm pretty sure the 3 preamp knobs are not stock. There is a little sticker on the rear cavity cover. I like it oK but you can take it off easily. One minor scuff on the back (see pic) otherwise very clean.

The bass plays amazingly well. I got comments from a bass player friend of mine at a gig that the bass was punchy, even and cleared the mix easily without being muddy or too loud. These pickups really do rock. I would love to keep it but 2 6 string basses is a little over the top at tax time.

$1400 OBO shipped in a Dean square gig bag is what I have into it. No trades please. I need the dough. It will be double boxed and packed right.

Attached Files:

dizbass likes this.
  2. richst

richst Supporting Member

sticker and scratch. PM your email address for more pics. Straplocks installed. I'll include the ends for the strap. Man, I wanna keep this thing.

Attached Files:

3. younggun

younggun Supporting Member

Nice TRB. What's the scale length? Also, do you have the original Yamaha pickups?
  4. richst

richst Supporting Member

34" scale. Don't have original pickups. If I did I would be keeping the lane poors.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. groooooove

groooooove

this bass is probably a complete badass.

Yamaha never messes around. they make great products in every price range. coupled with LP pickups? that's a lifetime bass for the price of a backup.

someone will be really happy with it.... too bad it can't be me!

good luck with the sale,

T
  7. richst

richst Supporting Member

Thanks. If you need 6 string bass with wide spacing and 34" scale there really aren't any other basses out there unless you want something custom made. You can bring it to any gig. Play solos at the restaurant gig, slap on the funk or gospel gigs and the finger tones on this thing are tight and punchy. Nice and fat without being muddy. It was a very close call but I decided to stay with the LEJ6 because of the 33" scale. My hands have issues with arthritis and that 1" shorter scale makes a difference at the end of the gig. That's the only reason. For tone and versatility the Yamaha is the shizzle. Check out the bass player in Dirty Loops. He used one of these for a while.

8. Tampabass

Tampabass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    not a rocket scientist, but I play one on TV
    nice bass, always wanted to try one.
    GLWTS
  9. 8liter

8liter Supporting Member

I sitting here drooling on my keyboard and having a stroke at the same time.

This TRB is the right color, right scale length and has the best pickup upgrade I can imagine.....and I just spent nearly your asking price on dental surgery. Of course. The universe has it out for my sanity.

I honestly think I'm going to cry.

Good luck with your sale. Some one is getting something very special.
  10. richst

richst Supporting Member

OK, I've been getting some offers so I will put OBO on the price. first come first serve. $1400 shipped OBO.......

This is a smokin bass with some very rare pickups that sound amazing.
  11. Kevin Woods

Kevin Woods Supporting Member

Love my TRB-6. One of the best "production" sixes of all. But you should keep the Lane Poors and drop ship the guy a set of Bart G6's

Cheers.
  12. richst

richst Supporting Member

I've certainly thought about it but they really sound great in this bass. I may change my mind if it doesn't sell soon.
  13. richst

richst Supporting Member

Bass is sold. Thanks for all the inquiries and offers.
  14. dizbass

dizbass

YO IS IT SOLD ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.