1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Yamaha TRBX304 or RBX374?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cnovrup, Mar 14, 2014.

1. cnovrup

cnovrup

Mar 14, 2014
    Hi everyone!
    I've thought of buying a new bass, and I've found the Yamaha TRBX304, and the Yamaha RBX374, because they are active, and with a 24 fret neck, as I want. But the only difference I can see between the two, is the price. (About $20) So should I go for the cheaper one (RBX374), or is the more expensive one (TRBX304) much better?
    I am not a professional bass player, but it just has to hold for many years to come. It should also could play any genre ok.

Thanks in advance! :)

2. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    TRBX304. It's the new model and has an additional switch. More variety in tones.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. 4StringsEnough

4StringsEnough

Mar 9, 2008
    +1 for TRBX.

The RBX's were good basses. The TRBX are in a different league. Unbelievably good. And there's a lot more difference than just an extra switch! For $20 it's a no-brainer....

5. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    I tried the TRBX last week and also today at a guitar store. I was on the fence about the RBX a while ago and opted for another bass instead, but the TRBX is way worth the extra $20. It has the switch but I agree, it's more than just that. The overall feel of the bass is just so much better and I now want one of those. Just got to sell some of my other basses first. I've got too many as it is, but I really want the TRBX. :(

6. bohemond

bohemond Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2007
    Get the TRBX 504. Its much better than the 304 I think thry are around 500 still