Yamaha TRBX304 or RBX374?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cnovrup, Mar 14, 2014.

1. cnovrup

cnovrup

Hi everyone!
    I've thought of buying a new bass, and I've found the Yamaha TRBX304, and the Yamaha RBX374, because they are active, and with a 24 fret neck, as I want. But the only difference I can see between the two, is the price. (About $20) So should I go for the cheaper one (RBX374), or is the more expensive one (TRBX304) much better?
    I am not a professional bass player, but it just has to hold for many years to come. It should also could play any genre ok.

Thanks in advance! :)

2. Maxdusty

Maxdusty Supporting Member

TRBX304. It's the new model and has an additional switch. More variety in tones.

3. 4StringsEnough

4StringsEnough

+1 for TRBX.

The RBX's were good basses. The TRBX are in a different league. Unbelievably good. And there's a lot more difference than just an extra switch! For $20 it's a no-brainer....

4. Maxdusty

Maxdusty Supporting Member

I tried the TRBX last week and also today at a guitar store. I was on the fence about the RBX a while ago and opted for another bass instead, but the TRBX is way worth the extra $20. It has the switch but I agree, it's more than just that. The overall feel of the bass is just so much better and I now want one of those. Just got to sell some of my other basses first. I've got too many as it is, but I really want the TRBX. :(

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bohemond

bohemond

Get the TRBX 504. Its much better than the 304 I think thry are around 500 still