Yamaha TRBX504

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tubbers, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Tubbers

Tubbers

Got this yesterday! From what I've seen and heard so far, it's a steal at €495 ($650 US). The finish is fantastic and it sounds amazing.

Got it in Translucent White. Can't upload a photo from the mobile app for some reason!

Anybody else get one recently? What other basses would you recommend for this price range?

Stephen

2. Emibass

Emibass

Media:
    Albums:
    I think for the price is a superb bass. And the translucent white is fantastic. Yamaha did a great job with this bass.

3. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Thou shall not F*** up the groove Supporting Member

Sounds nice! Can't wait for some pictures. All the best with that bass :)

4. Tubbers

Tubbers

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

Everything I've seen or read about this bass makes me think it could be a home run for Yamaha. It's basically the Swiss Army Knife of bass. Active/passive with 3 band EQ, low battery LED, mahogany body with maple/mahogany neck, great balance and weight, slim fast neck, Alnico V humbucking pickups...and all for around $500...I'm not seeing any negatives here so far.

7. Emibass

Emibass

Media:
    Albums:
    It´s certanly a great bass but don´t expect to rival a 3000€ bass.

8. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

Oh I don't...but at that price point, you'd be hard pressed to find another bass with active/passive switching.

9. therhodeo

therhodeo

There is one on the wall at the local GC that plays better than pretty much everything on the wall save for one used G&L L2000 and a few Ibanez models.

10. Tubbers

Tubbers

I'm sure I'll find that there's some kind of catch after using it for a while! Lol.. I really have never played anything that good within that price range!

I'd almost go as far as saying that if I wasn't to know the price I'd pay 1000 straight out of a shop for it (but maybe I'm getting a bit too excited)

11. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

Well, I'm willing to let the bass try to disappoint me..lol. The only thing that is doesn't have that might be useful to some is coil splitting but I think I'm just being picky.