YBA-2A bassmate 2 amp

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by contempbassman, Mar 13, 2014.

1. contempbassman

contempbassman

I am looking to get replacement speakers for this amp. The company does not have the originals. These were 12 inch speakers need to know the oms and watts to get replacemants?

2. Fishheadjoe

Fishheadjoe

If you contacted Yorkville, what did they suggest?
    Fishheadjoe

3. contempbassman

contempbassman

The service man was not there they gave no suggestions for replacement speakers. I need to know the ohms and watts to be able to search for replacements

4. Fishheadjoe

Fishheadjoe

Ok... just so yah know, we are on "March Break" here in Ontario and I would not be surprised if their tec is laying on a beach somewhere this week.
    I am suprised however, that they did not make a suggestion for your issues.
    Fishheadjoe

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. AstroSonic

AstroSonic Supporting Member

Do you still have the original drivers? If you haven't removed them yet, do so. The drivers are often marked with their impedance or have numbers printed on the frame that can be used to ID the maker, model and date of manufacture. ALso, you could measure their impedance with an ohm meter (pretty cheap at many hardware or department stores).

With respect to power handling, the YBA-2A used a single pair of 6BQ5 output tubes and was rated at '25w RMS. Most modern 12 inch bass drivers will have enough power handling. You will need to match the drivers to the cab. Important specs are the internal volume and dimensions and number of any bass port(s).

According to the schematic (http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1162440) the amp expects to see a nominal 8 ohm load. That means you can either wire two 16 ohm drivers in parallel or two 4 ohm drivers in series, or use a single 8 ohm driver (and block off the other opening).