1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Yesterday's SDOTD Tascam Deals

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Bongolation, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Bongolation

Bongolation

Did anyone get one in time? They went fast, but I snagged one.

This:

[​IMG]

Supposedly plus this:

[​IMG]

For a princely $99.99...

While I have a pretty nicely-appointed private recording studio, I got one of these for the bedroom for scratchpadding.

It's a surprisingly complex device. [PDF manual]

They also had these for TWO for $30:

[​IMG]

I've been dying trying to find a set of half-decent cheap closed-backs for vocal tracking for ages and these show up a lot on "Best Under $100" lists, so at $15 per, I figured it was worth a shot.

Anyone have any experience with any of this stuff?
  2. Bongolation

Bongolation

Shipping info shows four boxes, so it looks like I did get the TM78 microphone, too. I felt sure I was going to get stiffed on that part of the regular-sale, non-SDOTD deal.
  3. peteybass

peteybass Supporting Member

Cool deals. Maybe next time post while the deal is still active so other TBers can take advantage as well. Congrats again.
  4. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix Supporting Member

I saw that but didn't pay too much attention. It looked like a good deal though. Glad you got one.
  5. Bongolation

Bongolation

It was sold out literally within five minutes after I saw it.

I was just wondering if anyone else snagged one or had experience with them. Folks here are WAY faster on the draw with MF's stuff than I am these days, so I'd assumed it was probably old news here. `

This is my first order with them in over a year and a half. :eek:
  6. Bongolation

Bongolation

See? :D
  7. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

I got the headphones. My Audio Technica noise cancelling ones bit the dust two days before and these should be good replacements. Don't have them yet to review.
  8. Bongolation

Bongolation

My stuff came this afternoon.

Because there are lurkers who might have bought the recorder, I'll mention that (as I expected) they didn't include the TM78 microphone that was a "bonus gift" part of the deal before it was SDOTD, though it showed up in the cart and was clearly part of what I paid for.

I called them up and pointed out these irrefutable facts with the result that they're sending it out to me in the morning...so if you don't get the microphone, call them up and shake it out of them.

The recorder itself is pretty impressive and very well-made, as opposed to the Tascam DR-08 I got a while back that was literally falling apart out of the box.

Them headphones are not distinguished audiophile units, but they are nicely designed, comfortable and fit my giant head, which is a miracle in itself. $15? Sure, all day.
  9. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Agreed, as a fellow kinghead. Listening to music with them right now. They sound pretty good and have good isolation; no hyped bass, but it's there. I wish the cable weren't so long, but that's a common issue I have with headphones. I like them more than the Sennheiser HD201 (I think) I got my daughter in December.
  10. Bongolation

Bongolation

Yeah, they're better cans than I thought at first, flatter response than I expected.

That TM-78 microphone finally arrived and is a better-sounding microphone than I expected as well.