1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

...yet another EMG problem

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Pills Are Yummy, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Pills Are Yummy

Pills Are Yummy

I'm running a Dean Razorback with EMG 35DC's with b112rh volume, b112rd volume, and the BTC control. There is almost absolute zero signal coming through, and what little i can hear through my amp is heavily distorted (almost like a built In overdrive:eyebrow:)

I checked out the wiring diagrams, made sure everything was done right, still nothin. Please help? :bag:
  2. hrbassji

hrbassji Supporting Member

Please don't be insulted, but the first thing to check may be the battery
  3. Pills Are Yummy

Pills Are Yummy

I feel stupid.

The EMG website shows the "proper" wiring into the jack, and I get the distorted sound. So I just reverse the wires and its gone. But the tone is still way too bright
  4. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

How's your pickup height? EMGs like to be very close to the strings.
  5. levis76

levis76 Supporting Member

DCs are meant to be bright. If you want a mellower tone, try a set of CS or EQ out the treble.