1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Yet another fingering question ...

Discussion in 'Orchestral Technique [DB]' started by Andy Mopley, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Andy Mopley

Andy Mopley

See attached, I would like to understand the approach for fast arpeggios, as is the case here, I have indicated what fingering I am using but open to suggestions, if you can help please

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. David Potts

David Potts

Would you guys think this is a cheat.

0 - 2 - 1 up to 4 on D, then across to C on 1 (same position), up to to E on 4, then A harmonic on 1 on D (same position). This flows nicely from finger to finger at speed.

Purists have to be very confident of doing as good a job when fingering the top A given that the music is moving in one beat per bar. This is not to say that you shouldn't also practice this too.

Cheers, DP

3. PaulCannon

PaulCannon

Most people would probably play this with a harmonic. If you want to nail the high A, you could break the arpeggio into two cells and play the second half in low-thumb:

0(III) 4(IV) 2(III) shift 1(III) thumb(II) 2(II) 3(I)

4. Andy Mopley

Andy Mopley

Txs a lot, guys, hadn't thought of harmonics... in fact, unless notated, I kind-a feel funny about using them...Thumb at that speed outside of my capabilities, Paul, but certainly worth remembering!! Txs again, really appreciate the help, in between lessons..

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Edvin

Edvin

I'd play it A (0) C (2 on E) E (1 on A) etc. With a harmonic! Otherwise i'd thumb the "2nd" c on D-string and then E A 1 2

7. hsu912174

hsu912174

How about 0-2-4-4-1-4-1(harmonic)?

8. Tom Gale

Tom Gale

How about A0 C2 (E) E1 (A) A1 (D) C 4 (D open hand) E3 (G) A harmonic. Why shift???
    Tom Gale