1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

Yet another Geddy Lee Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by smurfco, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smurfco

smurfco Supporting Member

This is a circa 2004 Crafted in Japan Fender Geddy Lee Signature Jazz Bass. This is a great player, though it does have some dings on the body. Nothing too terribly egregious, but not a mint bass. Nothing that has an effect on playability.

Speaking of playability - this one's got it in spades. The skinny Geddy neck is so comfortable, and the action is medium-low. I've also upgraded the tuners to Hipshot direct replacements (no drilling required). I think I still have the original tuners and would be happy to dig them up for you if you'd like to have them. There are also black Dunlop strap buttons installed (though I am using the strap on another bass, so I can't include the strap parts). If you'd prefer the standard strap buttons, I'll see if I can find and include them as well. These Dunlops are big enough that you don't need the straplock parts to use them with a regular strap, though.

The only mod I've done to the bass is to add a thumbrest (see below). Obviously I had to drill into the bass to install this, but the holes are small-ish if you'd like to remove the rest. I really love it where it is, but your mileage may vary.

I'm looking to get [DEL]$750 $700[/DEL] $650 before this Friday shipped/Paypal'd in the CONUS. Sorry, no international sales please. I'm also including a non-original but very nice Fender hardshell case. This is the case that came with the early-to-mid 2000s P and J basses, before they switched to the new TSA cases, and it's fully functional (though a little scuffy).

Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PM me if you have any questions. Sorry, no trades (unless someone wants to trade me an EBMM Sterling 4-string for it straight across - though I doubt that). 100% positive feedback on here and on eBay (usedforcomparison on there).
  2. smurfco

Would also consider a trade (plus cash from me) for a Rickenbacker.
  3. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

4. smurfco

Thanks to everyone for the interest, but this one's no longer for sale. Fell back in love with it and don't want to get rid of it...
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. smurfco

Okay, I'm kind of schizo. This one's up for sale again, as I'm chasing a local Rickenbacker. I can do $725 shipped and Paypal'd in the CONUS. Still includes the hardshell case mentioned in the first post, and has the chrome Schaller locks installed again. I'll even include a strap with the locks.

PM me if interested.
  7. joel406

joel406

8. smurfco

Alright, let's try $700 shipped/paypal'd, this weekend only!
  9. smurfco

Okay folks, $700 shipped for this Geddy Lee with a Fender USA hardshell case and Hipshot tuners - let's make it happen.
  10. smurfco

I'm tight until Friday so I'll do $650 shipped and Paypal'd until then. Come Friday morning the price goes back up to $700.

Thanks!
  11. SubTones57

SubTones57

Willing to trade for a SBMM ray34ca? I may be able to add a little cash.
  12. smurfco

Thanks for the offer but the only trade I'd be interested in would be for a Rickenbacker (plus cash from me).
  13. SubTones57

SubTones57

Ok I saw you mentioned a MM sterling in the OP figured it was worth a shot.
  14. smurfco

Been a while, since I went and bumped things up just like I always do!
  15. EmptyCup

EmptyCup Supporting Member

Are those the HB2 Hipshot tuners? Free Bump ;)
  16. smurfco

Yes they are. Thanks for the bump!

I bought a Ric this weekend so this one is now for sale only. Thanks!
  17. smurfco

Geddy Bump, I guess I'm not that great of a salesman.

Of a salesman!

Ooooooooooooof a SALESman!
  18. smurfco

Sold locally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.