1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Yet another one "ID this bass" thing.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Crimstein, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Crimstein

Crimstein

Hey everyone,the question is what the title says...
    A couple of days ago i came across a pbass in a local store...classic pbass shape,very beautifull maple neck/ebony fingerboard,lollipop style tuner pegs ,an old pretty rusty but stable bridge and a white single coil pickup in the style of the first pbass pickups (stings bass for example)...black body and tortoise pickguard...and a black star on the headstock.these are all the information i could get.nothing else is written or drawn or anything else on the bass.
    anyone got a clue???
  2. ldervish

ldervish Supporting Member

Maybe you can take a pic and post it?
  3. bassteban

bassteban

Japanese copy w/star sticker, perhaps?
  4. Salamenster

Salamenster

Black star get's me wonderin' about Yahama. It's not exactly a star, but it comes quite close to one.
  5. Crimstein

Crimstein

6. Salamenster

Salamenster

I have no idea what on earth that is. It looks cool, tough.
  7. Crimstein

Crimstein

Well despite the pretty low output of the pickup its a very nice bass,i really like the neck and the feel of it thats why i first bought it,the frets are very low.it sounds very solid with me ampeg f350,i'll test it in a few hours at my bands rehearsals.i usually play with my spector but im very curious how this bass will stand.we play classic nwobhm metal so i think it will be fine.
  8. bassteban

bassteban

Looks obscure. Likee
  9. Dluxe

Dluxe Supporting Member

I like it too. The bridge could be an actual 1970's Fender bridge. The adjusting screws look similar. I like the multi-piece neck. Can you post a photo of the back of the headstock to get a better look at the tuners?
  10. El-Bob

El-Bob

Parts bass maybe? Looks awesome.
  11. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I agree.
  12. rfslick

rfslick

Looks a little like my early '70s Electra. I've change the pick guard, bridge and tuners. The single pickup idea is similar and the headstock shape is very close.
    [​IMG]
  13. Crimstein

Crimstein

its not a part bass i checked it and doesnt look like one.the bridge may have been changed because on the body has 4 screw holes and the bridge has 5.
    im searching information for pbass with the wheel thing on the truss rod but except musicman cant find find something
  14. Crimstein

Crimstein

here you are.

http://postimage.org/gallery/12r51n0s/06c97d2e/