Yitamusic custom bows(snakewood and horn frog)

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by dreamer69, Nov 17, 2012.

1. dreamer69

dreamer69

Hi to everyone. Im negociating prices with yitamusic for a rare bow for me, but must be very interesting. They offers me a price, thats is very high for me in this moment, but if I order 10 bows, the price is less for unit. The specifications that I want to the bow is a snakewood stick, white horn frog and screw(german for my bow), black hair and without leather and silver grip in the stick. Must be someone interested in this bows? If there were people interested, I organized all, receive and send the bows each to his own. Its only a proyect, but must be interesting. All opinions are well received. Thanks

2. dreamer69

dreamer69

Insipired in this bow

Attached Files:

3. Badener

Badener

Hi dreamer69!

Great idea! I already play a snakewood bow made by yitamusic. Quiet heavy bow, originally its was 161 g, after removing the leather and the silver wrapping it is 155 g but very good on my 4/4 5-stringer.

How much would it cost?

Thomas

P.S. Some experiences about stripping a violin bow: http://www.andreasgrutter.nl/bow-couch/strip-your-bow.html

4. dreamer69

dreamer69

Hi Badener, I send you a mp with more details.

Anything please ask me for details

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dreamer69

dreamer69

I talk with semibreveviolin of ebay, and they can make 10 bows, 3 with white horn and 7 with red horn frogs for 399$ each. I think bows can be french too. Regards

Edit: Its the same price that yita, and I prefer and have got two bows of yita. Regards

7. dreamer69

dreamer69

Well I have got the final price of Yita, and its a very good price IMHO.

They tell me the weight and lenght. Weight aprox. 150g (I want to reduce it to 145) and length 763 mm.

They tell me that must be 5 bows french and 5 german.

I anyone want to know the price, please pm me. Thanks a lot

8. fstasiak

fstasiak

A couple things that I found with the Yita French bows is that the tip is usually way too narrow (not a wide enough ribbon of hair) and that the stick is a little longer than most standard French bows.
    Did you figure out the measurements of the French sticks for this particular order?

9. dreamer69

dreamer69

Nothing interested?

10. dreamer69

dreamer69

If nobody interested until wednesday, I will have to close this transaction. Nobody wants a bow?

11. dreamer69

dreamer69

12. robobass

robobass

Disclosures:
    Private Inventor - Bass Capos
    I had them make me a snakewood bow based on my favorite french bow. This was about five years ago. They charged me around $350. I'm basically happy with the bow, but it is warped slightly, so eventually I have to take it to a bowmaker for straightening, and my rehair person told my that the mortises were rather crudely made, which made hair changes difficult. The bow plays well though, so for that money I'm not at all unhappy, but I wouldn't want to be in the position of trying to sell it. Why don't you just order one bow from them? Would it cost that much more?

13. dreamer69

dreamer69

I dont order only one because horn frogs are expensive and if I order 10 bows, they costs each the half. They told me 599 for one bow and 299 for each if I order 10.

14. dreamer69

dreamer69

Finally I found a maker that make me only one bow cheaper than the offer or yita for unit ordering 10 bows. When I have got this, I will post photos. Thanks to all people interested in the bows.

15. dreamer69

dreamer69

Finally I have this bow. Not is from yita. Its a great bow, much weight and sound and very good control. Horn frog is very confortable. Tomorrow put photos on the thread

16. dreamer69

dreamer69

17. Raka

Raka

Nice. Is that frog shape comfortable for you? (I'm a streicher guy...)

18. dreamer69

dreamer69

Yes, Im streicher technic too, and have a dölling bow with a streicher frog, and surprisingly its very confortable. I try a lot of german bows and find a confortable frog its very difficult.

19. Raka

Raka

Interesting. I guess I was lucky. I have a Dorfler (basic model) and I find it comfortable. Anyway, sometimes I'm on the search of a better one if budget allows...

20. Germanbass

Germanbass

Who made this bow for you ? What was its price ?

21. dreamer69

dreamer69

A lot of visits and no one coments anything of the bow?