1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Yo Genz Benz!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by jmattbassplaya, Dec 2, 2012.

1. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Is there any chance you guys are planning on releasing a Neo 4x12 cabinet? I've been using two of your Neox 212t's on gigs for about two years now with my Aguilar DB750 (now 751), and I'm beginning to crave a single 4x12 enclosure to make schlepping things a bit easier. If it helps, I wouldn't mind being your guys' guinea pig for any prototypes you make :D

2. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:Alleva-Coppolo| MESA |Genz-Benz R.I.P.|REDDI|Westone
    I too would love a 412 for larger gigs.....

3. Cycho

Cycho

It seems to me a pair of 2x12's would be easier to shlep than a single 4x12. Easier to pack and lighter to carry. The 4x12 would save you a trip, I suppose.

4. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Supporting Member

Not many cab manufacturers racing to build 412s nowadays......

Besides, your 212t stack is impressive!!! ;)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. agedhorse

agedhorse Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Supporting Member

This is precicely the reason why we offer the 212's.

Also, 4 ohm 212's work well for folks who have the ShuttleMax 12.0 (2 x 4 ohm loads) and other large stand alone stereo power amps.

7. Bmorefoozler

Bmorefoozler

It might be difficult... with their current 8 ohm drivers they would have to choose between 2 ohms, 8 ohms and dual 4 ohm mono. Since none of their current lightweight heads are 2 ohms, it would basically be a choice between 8 ohms(ehh) and dual 4 ohms, which is basically jsut like stacking 2 current cabs. If they could score a 16 ohm version of their driver, it might help give them a push.

8. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

My thought as well. How is carrying a larger, heavier 4x12 easier than two 2x12's?

9. Bmorefoozler

Bmorefoozler

if the large, heavy cab has wheels, a towel bar and never needs to be deadlifted... Large cabs can be leveraged into vehicles and onto some stages without ever picking the entirety up.

10. two fingers

two fingers You tahkin 'uh me? Yeah, you. You tahkin 'uh me? Supporting Member

Indeed. People say I'm crazy when I tell them this, but it's a LOT easier to move an Ampeg 8-10 than it is a 4-10 cab. With the 8-10, you just kind of drag it around by the wheels. But you have to actually pick up the 4-10 even if just to set it on a cart.

11. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Absolutely - I'll take my Mesa 810 over two of their 410s, any day...

- georgestrings

12. agedhorse

Any time you encounter stairs, or a dead lift to the stage, smaller lighter cabinets generally have an advantage. Not always, but usually.

13. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Believe it or not, the 212t's really aren't that enjoyable of a thing to schlep around over long distances. I'm already a pretty short dude at 5'8'', but even I have to hunch over in order to grab the handles so that I can use the casters on the cab. It's incredibly awkward, and it hurts my back a good bit. If you guys developed a way to extend the handles out so that they weren't so low to the ground that would definitely be a start. As they are now, however, I don't see how anyone over my height could comfortably move this particular cab around without using a dolly, but that's just IMHO. Keep in mind, the weight is definitely not the issue :)

14. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Yes, yes, and yes!

15. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

So any other folks from Genz Benz want to lend their voice to the discussion?

16. cybersnyder

cybersnyder Always groove.... Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Xsonics cabinets
    Not trying to be a wise a--, but if agedhorse says something Genz Benz related, it's gospel.

17. main_sale

main_sale

I turned in my G-B XB410 for a pair of NeoX 212T's and have never looked back!

[​IMG]

18. jlepre

jlepre

+1

19. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    :eek: Mommy!!

I have an old school 410T XB. Heavy as sin! Would love to have 2 210's to replace it with.

20. agedhorse

This is actually a pretty common pairing, I know of a couple folks who have almost the same rig. One guy angles the cabinets in towards himself a little for the feel (depending on the room). Another guy stacks the vertically when he uses his compact amp and needs to keep his footprint as small as possible. Others use one or two cabinets depending on the gig, There are more ways to use 2 x 212's than a single 412, thart's another reason why they are more popular.

21. vin*tone

vin*tone

Ouch! Bend the knees. Take care.