1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

You know when you wasted your Money...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by InsaneBassninja, Dec 14, 2013.

1. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

:scowl:You know when you wasted your money, When you Realize you all ready had .135, .105, .85, .65, .45, and .32 on your 6 string bass when you Bought it? Remember to noobs to basses you check with your in town local Guitar shop to make sure what strings you have on it. :mad: So you don't Blow 25 dollars on strings you had from the start:mad:... if you must for Low B GET A .145!!! Yes, I feel like a moron for doing this...Least I got my Christmas shopping done... Bills payed, and my Dragon got some tasty Hippys (crickets) for Dinner.... Am guessing a .130 - .135 good for a normal low C? Then again what is normal?
  2. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

Do most guitar shops carry micrometers?
  3. Cirk

Cirk

It's not always a waste of money. Lots of times I've played basses at stores that had dead strings on them. Besides, we all have different string preferences. For example, I like Warwick strings on my 4 string basses. Many would disagree, and that's their choice. Whatever works for the individual.
  4. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

Am not srue which I never gone to look? I know my local shop has one.
  5. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

Good point which I did have some Died strings on my bass anyways I guess it wasn't a toail waste. Then I again I like the sound of dead strings a tiny bit. But now I don't have to fick as hard to get the sound i want.
  6. ixlramp

ixlramp

You asked for gauges for balanced tension and we gave suggestions ;) 135 105 85 65 45 32 is unbalanced and the 135 unsuitable for detuning to A, so the new gauges you bought are probably better.
    .135 / .130 is fine at C.
  7. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

135 is very light Low B its getting there but its too light for low B.
  8. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables
    Man, All these years Ive been wasting money buying the same set of strings over and over.
  9. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

if you like the set you have then its not wasting money then.
  10. therhodeo

therhodeo

No one can possibly type that bad without trying.
  11. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Good to carry spares!
  12. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Sent you a private message awaiting your reply.

I noticed you placed an order with us. If you don't want your order you are more than welcome to cancel it before we ship. I suggest calling the shop to cancel so it does not ship today.
  13. Lownote38

Lownote38

I always replace the strings on a bass when I get a new one (or new to me). I don't care how new or old the strings are either. Chances are that they aren't the type I use, or the right gauge. It's never a waste of money to have another set of strings. Especially if you're only paying $25 for an entire 6 string set!
  14. Raf Seibert

Raf Seibert

Harbor Freight and others carry a real handy little 6in digital caliper for about $10 that can solve these questions quickly and easily.

-Raf
  15. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

it was a 5 stirng set.
  16. therhodeo

therhodeo

I honestly don't know how anyone knows whats being talked about in this thread.
  17. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

Very cool.