1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

You know you're a bass snob if...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by vernhillbass, Sep 9, 2013.

1. vernhillbass

vernhillbass

Played a great Christian outdoor music festival this weekend. Wonderful sound crew and a fantastic experience. Here's the thing, the sound crew provided an Aguilar 8x10 and matching head which were more than I expected but in my head I complained to myself that my GB/Epifani rig would have sounded much more transparent. I guess I'm a snob now. I thanked the sound crew because the audience said it sounded amazing but can't help but laugh at myself a bit.
  2. Dogghouse

Dogghouse

Disclosures:
    Bass Guy @ Seymour Duncan
    LOL> Shame on you! (wink) You had one less gig you had to wear out your back before playing. Plus you got a free ride on what I think is a nice amp. Bass Snob Confirmed...haha. (It takes one to know one) Cheers.
  3. nojj

nojj Guest

and...heeer's yer sign.............:D

Generally I'll take (almost) any backline provided
    than have to hulk in/out one of my rigs.
    My aching back always beats the gear snob in me into a quivering mass of protoplasm.
  4. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

I don't know man. I caught Esperanza Spalding on ACL last Saturday and he was playing what looked to be an off the shelf MIM fretless J through an Aguilar head and cab and she sounded fantastic out of the two 3" speakers in my old 19" CRT "portable" TV so I'd have to say it would have sounded really killer in person.

I know what you mean though. I'm real attached to my current rig and never feel like I'm getting what I want playing through anything else. I just wish that feeling would last forever. :help:
  5. vernhillbass

vernhillbass

I've solved the back breaking part by selling my 150 pound Ampeg set up for a much lighter 4 pound GB head and 2 UL Epifani cabs that weigh under 40 pounds each. I recorded the event for my church and wow, it sounds very nice even being recorded on a cheap video camera. Here's to snobs everywhere!