You Rock Guitar to control a bass synthesizer.

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by ToadWarrior, Aug 24, 2012.

1. ToadWarrior

ToadWarrior

Probably a long shot but does anyone know if this might work?

You Rock Guitar---->Moog Minitaur---->Amp

I'm sure I could get some pretty wild sound, but is it possible to get a somewhat realistic bass guitar attack out of a synthesizer like the Moog Minitaur? If not, can anyone recommend a midi controllable synth that can get somewhat realistic bass sounds

Any input at all on how this might work? I know I could just control the synth with keys, but I'm really bad them, and with the You Rocks "Tap Function" it sounds like i should be able to have a hand free to control the filters and stuff.

Thanks for any input.

2. Hactar

Hactar

I have little knowledge of the particulars of the You Rock Guitar, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.
    My guess would be that a Minitaur wouldn't be the most realistic sounding, but would certainly get a nice analog bass sound.
    As far as synths go, you could always try a Roland VB99, which seems to be a fairly nice bass synth.

3. SVH

SVH

If it has midi the YRG can control it! :bassist:

I've been using the YRG with midi for over a year now and daily discover new possibilities so yeah no reason why it shouldn't do the trick!

4. F-Clef-Jef

F-Clef-Jef

I've been wondering about the YRG controller. Is it pretty decent for a non-keyboardist to use as a midi controller? (My college piano classes never really "took")
    Is it sturdy enough to use live?
    Looks like fun.

5. Register to disable this ad