1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

You Rock Guitar to control a bass synthesizer.

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by ToadWarrior, Aug 24, 2012.

1. ToadWarrior

ToadWarrior

Probably a long shot but does anyone know if this might work?

You Rock Guitar---->Moog Minitaur---->Amp

I'm sure I could get some pretty wild sound, but is it possible to get a somewhat realistic bass guitar attack out of a synthesizer like the Moog Minitaur? If not, can anyone recommend a midi controllable synth that can get somewhat realistic bass sounds

Any input at all on how this might work? I know I could just control the synth with keys, but I'm really bad them, and with the You Rocks "Tap Function" it sounds like i should be able to have a hand free to control the filters and stuff.

Thanks for any input.
  2. Hactar

Hactar

I have little knowledge of the particulars of the You Rock Guitar, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.
    My guess would be that a Minitaur wouldn't be the most realistic sounding, but would certainly get a nice analog bass sound.
    As far as synths go, you could always try a Roland VB99, which seems to be a fairly nice bass synth.
  3. SVH

SVH

If it has midi the YRG can control it! :bassist:

I've been using the YRG with midi for over a year now and daily discover new possibilities so yeah no reason why it shouldn't do the trick!
  4. F-Clef-Jef

F-Clef-Jef

I've been wondering about the YRG controller. Is it pretty decent for a non-keyboardist to use as a midi controller? (My college piano classes never really "took")
    Is it sturdy enough to use live?
    Looks like fun.