Your favorite cars?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Auzzie-Phoenix, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Auzzie-Phoenix

Auzzie-Phoenix

During our lives we end up seeing a lot of cars. A lot of us end up driving quite a few, wishing we had certain ones, etc... Certain cars just stay in our memories for whatever reasons. What are your 3 favorite cars? Yes, you only get 3. They don't have to be cars you've owned or driven, just ones that have some sort of iconic persistence/fondness for you.

Mine:

1.) Lamborghini Countach- as a child of the 80's/90's this is almost unavoidable.

2.) Pontiac Banshee- Don't think it ever made it into full production, but I have a model kit of that car and just think it looks really cool. I think it might've been the car used in the knight rider movie as well.

3.) Phantom Corsair- Built in 1938 for potential mass production by a member of the Heinz family, the styling is the first thing to set this one apart. There were also several innovative features as well. Never made it into production, and as far as I know, the only one ever made is in a museum.

So, what are yours? Why? Remember you can only have 3, so choose which favorites get the 3 spots.

2. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Toyota Camry.

Turns on every time. Never over heats. Brakes always work.

That's my 1, 2 and 3.

3. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

Of the cars I owned, it was a 1997 VW Golf. I would love an old Land Rover, Toyota FJ (old one preferably, new ones are cool too), Jeep CJ ect.

lowsound

4. Milk

Milk

Well i have an undying love for 60's and 70's muscle cars but my dream car is this:

[​IMG]

Lancia Stratos. A classic rally car from the 70's. Yes, it looks like a toy. They did get around to trying it on Top Gear many seasons ago and there was barely any space to sit. I didnt say it was practical.

If i was to list all my favorite we'd be here all day though. Mind you, for me its all about aesthetics, not performance or mechanics. I think i drove four different cars in my life and they were completely ordinary cars.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DannyBob

DannyBob

In no order:

1) Dodge Challenger 1970
    2) Toyota Corolla AE86
    3) Lamborghini Gallardo

7. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Supporting Member

69 Camaro ZL1
    66 L72 Biscayne
    68 SS396 El Camino

8. Solarmist

Solarmist Supporting Member

I really loved my old 78' Datsun pickup kingcab - it got great mileage, and I could haul some pretty good size loads. Now I have Nissan 4x4 pickup, and my beloved Honda Civic.

Wish list: Subaru WRX STI.

9. JennySuzuki

JennySuzuki

I've always wanted, but never driven, a Lotus / Caterham Super 7.

I did own, briefly (it was stolen) an MG Midget.

I had a VW Beetle, but always wanted a Thing instead.

10. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Good question. Hmmm....

3) Jensen Interceptor
    2) Lamborghini Countach
    1) Mini Cooper

All inspired by Top Trumps circa 1977.

Triumph Stag bubbling under.

11. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

1964/1965GTO 1967 GTX

12. hbarcat

hbarcat

I like too many cars to limit myself to just 3 so I'll stick to my favorite cars among those that I've actually owned.

3) '86 Merkur XR4Ti
    Came with the 2.3 L turbo. It was small and rear wheel drive. Not especially fast, but I love the style (the double wing rear spoiler is pretty brash) and it's kind of fun driving something that most people have never heard of.
    I still have it but it needs some electrical work to get it back on the road.
    [​IMG]

2) '78 Mercedes Benz 450 SEL
    4 door sedan with a 4.5 L V-8. Classic styling and I think the most beautiful of all Mercedes. One of the best performing cars available in the late 70's, it had 4 wheel disc brakes and fully independent suspension which made it handle surprisingly well for a 4,000 lb sled. Not very quick off the line but it lived for the high speed highway cruise.
    I still have mine but I converted it to an aftermarket programmable EFI. I don't drive it in winter but I'll tool around with it this summer.
    [​IMG]

1) '68 Mustang Fastback
    390 cid - 4 speed stick
    This wasn't the fastest of the old muscle cars and wasn't the most desireable, but it was just fun, fun, fun to drive - at least in a straight line - and assuming you didn't need to stop in a hurry.
    Rude and crude, with 4 wheel drum brakes and rear leaf suspension, it was actually pretty scary taking it above 100 mph where it handled like an old school bus.
    Did I mention how much fun it was to drive? Wish I still had it but I sold it for a pittance back in 1988.
    [​IMG]

13. bmc

bmc

BMW Z8
    AC Cobra
    1963 Ferrari 250 GTO

An I'm really loving my 2001 Mazda MX5.

14. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

1) Porsche 911 Targas. Have always loved classic 911's and the Targa is such a quirky middle ground between the convertible and coupe.

2) E46 BMW 3 series sedans and M3. The perfect driving sport sedan in my opinion.

3) Saab 9-3 Viggens. I have driven 2 9-3se's into high mileage ranges, yet they keep me happy, are fun to drive and extremely practical/useful with the hatch.

15. hbarcat

hbarcat

Those cars are amazing. I'd love to have one as my daily driver.

The ony subaru I ever owned was a '91 Loyale. A 4 wheel drive wagon that got 35 mpg. When I finally sold it, it had 280,000 miles on it and still ran strong.

16. Bufalo

Bufalo Funk in the Trunk Supporting Member

Picking only 3 is tough, and these are only in alpha order, not ranked.

'95 - '99 BMW M3 (E36). This my favorite out of cars I've owned. Living with it sucked after a while, as everything electronic on it stopped working at some point, but the engine never let me down. When I think back on it all I remember is how flippin joyful it was to drive.

'69 Mustang BOSS 302. This is my muscle car dream. In orange. With hockey stick stripes. And numbers. And a cage. And enormous tires. And side exit exhaust. And a full track prep. And a trailer. And I'm spent...

Porsche 911. Doesn't matter which one, I think they're all sublime, but an early 80's SC or Carrera with a whale tail would be ok by me!

17. bmc

bmc

It's not the daily drive. It's there to put a smile on my face. This shot was taken last fall outside of Geneva, Switzerland. That's France on the other side of the lake.

[​IMG]

18. Willicious

Willicious Supporting Member

68 Charger, hemi + 4 spd
    69 Super Bee, 440-6 + 4 spd
    55 Chev, straight axle flip cowl gasser

19. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

I've only owned 2 cars thus far in my life, so my favorite owned would be my current car. A Subaru Impreza Outback Sport (basically a non-turbo STi wagon with an auto trans). 30mpg freeway when there's no traffic, but city/country driving it drops to about 20.

What I want to eventually own:

- Subaru WRX STi. (I learned how to drive manual while shopping for my current car. Fell in love with the impreza before trying an STi, though and don't really need the rally stuff for a commuter car)

- Toyota Tacoma SR5 single cab with a 5-speed.

20. tplyons

tplyons

1) 1970 Chevelle SS 454
    [​IMG]

2) 1987 El Camino SS Choo Choo
    [​IMG]

3) 1967 Shelby Mustang GT500
    [​IMG]

I love classic American muscle, but my daily driver is now a Subaru Crosstrek. I'd like to get a WRX 5-door one day.

21. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Plymouth Superbird.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]