Your favorite US State

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Mar 18, 2014.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

Media:
    Greetings Talk Bassers:

Which State is your favorite in the United States of America? I'm going to have to go with California. Warmth and sunshine in the Winter goes a long way with me. Also, the California coast is absolutely gorgeous.
  2. Lonesomedave

Lonesomedave Supporting Member

Tennessippi !...

[​IMG]
  3. mellowinman

mellowinman Perfect for Breaking the Ice at Naughty Parties Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    My native Minnesota is a contender, however I did enjoy Colorado.

I kind of have a thing for Tennessee, as well.
  4. Jim Campbell

Jim Campbell Banned

TEXAS.....been to 44 states iirc,and if i had a green card i'd be in austin .....
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jrthebassguy

jrthebassguy Supporting Member

You picked correctly! I don't have the ability to grant green cards but I do hereby declare you an honorary citizen of the state of Texas. :cool:
  7. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Yessir. California might as well be a separate country compared to the rest of the states. (So might Florida ... but that's a totally different kind ;) CA has such a diverse landscape and it's HUGE compared to the rest. Joshua Tree national park is the most wonderful natural place I've ever been.

Up here in Washington and Oregon it's really beautiful. They have similar diverse landscapes on a smaller scale, without the sunny sandy coastline that southern Cal has.

I'll never move back East again if I can help it :cool:
  8. Jim Campbell

Jim Campbell Banned

it's easy to remember when there is only one correct answer.....
  9. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    So far, the states that have resonated most with me have been California and Maine. But I haven't visited them all yet.
  10. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    I'm very bias to Washington ;)
    I've been to a lot of the U.S., just love it here best!
  11. bmc

bmc

Tough call. I love Alaska for the geography and life style. I think Vermont is beautiful. Oregon and Washington have big appeal as does Northern California.

Hey, here's some trivia. The most southern tip of Canada is further south than the most northern tip of California. :eek:
  12. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

The only place I have ever really liked has been Long Island, New York. It's got a small town feel without ever truly being a small town. The only things I dislike are the cost of living and the cold, cold, cold winters. Georgia has been pretty sweet, too.

I'm from Tennessee and I honestly don't know why anyone would like it beyond just visiting it ;)
  13. RxFunk

RxFunk

Colorado or Hawaii
  14. jrthebassguy

jrthebassguy Supporting Member

Relevant song: Stephen Lynch - Tennessee (possibly NSFW)
  15. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

16. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

As a foreigner, states i've more than just passed through are few (meaning stayed at least two days) and none are reputed as terribly interesting. There's Ohio (Southern, Portsmouth and around), Illinois (Chicago), Pennsylvannia (basically Philly) and Vermont (The small college town i always forget the name of somehowm, Burlington and Montpelier).

Vermont was of course pretty much like Quebec except with very few people. Which was kinda nice. It's also very liberal like here. I did very much enjoy the "vibe" of it. Philly i've been to a lot, for extended periods of time, i don't care for it though. But ive been around Pennsylvnnia a lot and some of it is lovely. Out west especially. Chicago was a long time ago and for only about three days. Impossible to judge on that alone. As for the state its in, i saw little of it. Southern Ohio ive been to a fair amount and for extend period of time, used to have a gf from there. The area was economically struggling, but i can't say i hated it otherwise climate and environment wise . It was rural and almsot southern really (I mean we were minutes way from West Virginia or Kentucky) but without too much of backward mentality... (apologies to southerners).

Favorite in those though...probably has to be vermont. As boring as that is.

States i would like to see:

Hawaii (duh), Arizona (i'm big on westerns an Arizona is THE western state, though im not so keen on the people living in it an their politics, i mean in general), Colorado and Oregon.

A lot of others too but these top the list.
  17. Vince Klortho

Vince Klortho

I like Oregon, Washington, and California quite a bit. I also like Colorado, Vermont, and Texas. We used to live in Oregon but we came to despise the rain so we moved to California.

More trivia : the lowest point in Colorado at 3,317 ft is higher than the highest point in eighteen states - Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Wisconsin.
  18. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

19. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

I've only been to California, Florida and New York.

For me it would have to be California, loved the beaches. Don't think I could cope with that much sun all year round tho :p
  20. stratovani

stratovani

I'm pretty partial to the state I live in, Massachusetts. We've got the Cape and the Berkshires, great sports teams, a liberal attitude towards things, Sen. Elizabeth Warren, the sexiest news anchor around (Bianca De La Garza, Channel 5), and you can pahk your cah at Hahvahd Yahd! A wicked pissah! ;):D
  21. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

North Carolina, specifically the Roanoke Rapids lake area or Wyoming. I still love my home state of Pennsylvania, except for the crappy music scene.