Your favorite Warwick body shape.

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by Profania_bass, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Profania_bass

Profania_bass Profanity Fish. Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Spector basses, Winspear Picks, Spector Formula 603 strings
    What's your favorite shape? And why?

Mine is the Corvette. It just sings classy to me. It is at the same time racy and dignified, especially with the antique tobacco stain. :)
  2. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Mine is a Dolphin although I have never owned one. The Streamer suits me so well though. Perfect balance and I'm not a big fan of flat plank bodies...
  3. bostonasphalt2

bostonasphalt2 Supporting Member

1. Thumb NT

2. Dolphin

3. Corvette

The rest I can take or leave, except for the Fortress that is too dear to me to have its awesomeness diminished by being on a list with any others ;-)
  4. dreads311

dreads311

Thumb NT. Sleek, stylish, and the smaller body fits my own body a bit better (I'm a slender guy. My Music Man looked huge on me).:D
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Yango

Yango

My fav Warwick body shape would have to be the Spector NS 2.
  7. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Thank's for letting us know you're a troll :scowl:

For me it's:

1-Thumb
    2-Streamer
    3-Dolphin

The Corvettes are very comfortable but i just don't like the look that much.
  8. punkjazzben

punkjazzben

Move on. No one says "My favourite Sadowsky shape is a Fender Jazz Bass." And why bring this up in a Warwick forum?

Anyway, I have a soft spot for the Thumb in 5 string configuration, or a Corvette in 6 strings. Both just work for me :)
  9. Zarathustra3

Zarathustra3 Supporting Member

The Vampyre is the greatest bass design I have ever seen. I can't believe more people don't like it. The Dolphin is also sweet.
  10. Marial

Marial Proud Papa Supporting Member

Infinity and Dolphin, though I've never played either. I just like how they look.
  11. Profania_bass

Profania_bass Profanity Fish. Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Spector basses, Winspear Picks, Spector Formula 603 strings
    I like how well balanced my Dolphin is. I'd love to try out a Vampire, it's the most goth/metal bass ever! I'd like the infinity more if I could get it solid without the f holes :)
  12. Yango

Yango

That's a little strong, don't you think? Either you have no sense of humour, or you just take this stuff way too seriously either way—the facts speak for themselves.

This was from PJ Rubal's Email, National Product Manager and Artist Relations for Spector.
    "The truth is that Ned designed the NS curved body shape for Spector in March 1977. This was Ned’s first musical instrument design, and an instant hit. Warwick came on to the scene in 1984 with their Streamer bass, an obvious ‘version’ (ok, rip off) of the now very popular Spector NS. When approached by Spector, Warwick did agree to and did pay royalties (for a while) to Spector for their error. Stuart sold Spector to Kramer after that. Warwick stopped paying, Kramer chose not to pursue them." [4]:eek:
  13. Yango

Yango

I get your point, I was just trying to stir up the pot.

I actually think that Warwick makes some very fine looking (and sounding) instruments—their natural finishes are killer—but I haven't found a neck that I'm completely comfortable on.
  14. the yeti

the yeti

actually you do get some of the fender fans saying stuff like that from time to time...

i like the corvette even though it's vaugely phallic (according to my wife) cos a) it's comfy, and 2) i have one.
    i think the infinity looks really sweet.
  15. socialleper

socialleper

A lot of love for the Dolphin body. I've never had the chance to pick one up, so maybe I'm missing something, but I thought it looks sort of odd. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.
  16. socialleper

socialleper

I don't know if its the body shape or the inlays, but Troy Sander's bass gets my vote.

[​IMG]
  17. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Socialleper - Troy's bass gets a lot of interest, and people who want to order one just like it (sans inlays). My favorite shape is the Infinity - such a comfortable and easy playing bass, and if it were available in a 6'er I'd have one!
  18. JP Morin

JP Morin

Love the streamer over corvette or thumb. The infinity was comfortable too as I remember(I tried an SN with zebrano body(without the holes), and I loved the sound too), but I think I prefer the look of the streamer. I still need to try a dolphin... I ate some a while in Florida and the taste was nice, but still need tu put one on strap and plugged... I could try a whale or a "beluga", but dolphins are pretty rare around here in the cold north waters... lol
  19. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

And that's exactly why i called you a troll, don't you have a sense of humor? :D

If you were not talking seriously you could have used some smilies, when you write something nobody can tell the difference between sarcastic and serious.
  20. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    The Dolphin is amazing. There's nothing else like it...and whether or not you're into its shape/looks...when you play one you'll be in awe!
  21. JP Morin

JP Morin

Man you don't help my "gas" at all !! hehehe

Up to now my SSII has been "the winner" against any other basses, with his mids and lows response and comfortable shape: I think it's just what I need and searched since I play bass. Looking at all the videos/reviews out there, I think the dolphin has a strong mid response too and is very comfy... but I need to try by myself !! :)