1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Your moment of infamy

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slobake, Jan 17, 2014.

1. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

Mine? I once crashed the phone sytem and voice mail a large well known company that specializes in online reviews of hi-tech products. I am reluctant to say the name but I think you know who I am talking about. They were not happy. :confused: It took two days to get them back up and working. And a week or two to get them back up to normal.
    Back then we copied programs to a floppy drive. Their drive went out and the backup was corrupted.
    I had to turn off the system in the middle of the night to replace the drive and the whole thing crashed. Had to re-program a huge phone sytem from scratch. I had help but I still didn't get much sleep that weekend.
    Do you have a story?

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    We went to a schwanky dinner party. The hostess is known for her exquisite desserts. Some of the most wonderful pastries and cakes you will ever eat.

She brought out a tray of handmade eclairs. I grabbed one and ate it. It was indeed a little bite of heaven. I grabbed another. As I put it in my mouth, she asked for everyone's attention and made the comment......"now I only made enough eclairs so each of us could have one each". Every person directed their eyes to me as I stood there with the eclair in my mouth. We still talk about it to this day.

-Mike

3. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow Never Forget. Banned

Do I have a story? Yes. Am I going to tell it? No. I already hate myself enough as is. :D

4. slobake

Don't make us beg. :crying: Confession is good for the soul, or heart or mind or ... okay you know what I men. :p

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DeathFromBelow

Believe me, there's not enough bandwith out there to support my tales of fail. I don't want to kill the internet. :D

7. slobake

I remember one of those moments when I put my mouth in gear before I engaged my brain. We were waiting in line to see a play when a friend walked up with a short skirt on. She was wearing stockings that made her legs looked pink. This is also a women with an ongoing struggle with her weight. For some reason the color of her legs reminded me of pork chops. ...... Oh yes I did .....Not thinking I said "You look so cute, your legs look just like pork chops." To her credit she just stared and didn't say a word. I noticed everything got real quiet around me. She was a friend for many years and never bought it up.
    My wife hasn't forgotten though. She still teases me about it.

8. DeathFromBelow

Wow. I feel Your pain. Honestly. :help:

9. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

One time I fell asleep drunk on a scaffold on a construction site across the street from where I lived (at the time) because I was pissed off at my roommate and went to go drink somewhere away from him. Later he came looking for me and when he woke me up, I swung my fist at him which catapulted me off the edge of the scaffold I was sitting on and onto my face on the concrete below. He had to drag me into the house and deposit me on the floor of my room. I actually drove around and did my usual stuff with a broken arm for the next two days because I wanted to wait until Monday to go get it tended to. Weekends are precious. LOL

If I'd died when I hit the slab that Friday night, my last words would have been, "Mother****** I'm gonna KILL..." *splat*

10. DeathFromBelow

Man, you're like so metal it hurts. :p

11. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

It hurts me more than it hurts you! :p

12. DeathFromBelow

Yep, I ain't gonna argue that. :D

13. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

There was this blonde ditz, flirting up all us guys at a party. She was irritatingly cute. She got around to me, annoying, near obnoxious. I grabber her by the wrist, emptied a near full beer on her head.

Even the MC5 blasting on the stereo seemed to fade to nothing. Her boyfriend did nothing.

I was the party pariah...and out of beer.

I visited the keg...the metal chicks came up to me and said; "Aaron! That was so cool!"

I stay even.

14. DeathFromBelow

Lol, wut? :D

15. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sounds like a dick move, IMO. But at least the metal chicks liked it.

16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Not at all, it was an Alpha move.

17. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Thanks for clearing that up.

Same thing.

18. sharkbait130

sharkbait130

Most of my moments of infamy I can still be prosecuted for so I better shut up now.:bag:

19. DeathFromBelow

Hey, as long as the metal chicks like it, you've won. Just sayin'. :bassist:

20. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Metal chicks? Wow, there's a tiny group.:D

21. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Perhaps, but he has the market nailed on 'em.

-Mike