1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Your preference? MXR M80 DI+ or EH Deluxe Big Muff Pi

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mhandley16, Jan 27, 2013.

1. mhandley16

mhandley16

Pros and Cons of each. I've looked at some reviews but would like to hear it from a few more of you!

2. gravyhighway

gravyhighway

I really love my MXR M80. The distortion is killer and it's an awesome preamp. The big muff is really loud but overall I think the m80 is way more versitile.

3. mhandley16

mhandley16

Thanks for your input! I'm looking at some new distortion pedals and would like to get one with a built in noise gate

4. crapusername

crapusername

Disclosures:
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    M80 for me.
    Owning both, the versatility offered by the two extra channels given by the mxr is the winner for me

Not sure whether I am a fan of the di out on the dbbm yet

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. AndyLES

AndyLES

I own the M80 and the standard Bass big Muff pi. They give me different, useful sounds - if you can afford to, get them both!

7. mhandley16

mhandley16

Thank you all for your input it is much appreciated! Wish I had money for both right now but I may have to wait to add the Big Muff later on.

8. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

I own both, versatility + great distortion and tone then mxr di not the mention it can be used all the time. For sheer distortion/fuzz and a great heavy dirty sound then big muff. Both will be awesome together