1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Your preference? MXR M80 DI+ or EH Deluxe Big Muff Pi

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mhandley16, Jan 27, 2013.

1. mhandley16

mhandley16

Jan 27, 2013
    Pros and Cons of each. I've looked at some reviews but would like to hear it from a few more of you!

2. gravyhighway

gravyhighway

Feb 23, 2010
    I really love my MXR M80. The distortion is killer and it's an awesome preamp. The big muff is really loud but overall I think the m80 is way more versitile.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. mhandley16

mhandley16

Jan 27, 2013
    Thanks for your input! I'm looking at some new distortion pedals and would like to get one with a built in noise gate

5. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    Disclosures:
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    M80 for me.
    Owning both, the versatility offered by the two extra channels given by the mxr is the winner for me

Not sure whether I am a fan of the di out on the dbbm yet

6. AndyLES

AndyLES

Aug 25, 2008
    New York
    I own the M80 and the standard Bass big Muff pi. They give me different, useful sounds - if you can afford to, get them both!

7. mhandley16

mhandley16

Jan 27, 2013
    Thank you all for your input it is much appreciated! Wish I had money for both right now but I may have to wait to add the Big Muff later on.

8. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Apr 9, 2011
    I own both, versatility + great distortion and tone then mxr di not the mention it can be used all the time. For sheer distortion/fuzz and a great heavy dirty sound then big muff. Both will be awesome together