Your real life series of unfortunate events

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JPMo, Jan 9, 2014.

1. JPMo

JPMo

Let's share those *** moments in life that have no explanation other then that life (demons?) was holding you back.

Example: My father is moving back to our old home town so I go along to help him out. While there, I'm supposed to meet this girl I knew back in HS. We decide on meeting at a baskin-robbins since she was supposed to be baby sitting and didn't have much time. Cool, I think. I just really wanted to see her, so I'll take what I can. Put in the address she gives me into google maps and away I go. After getting half-way, I realize I forgot my wallet :rollno: make a quick U-turn and speed back to get my wallet. On the way again and upon finally arriving at the destination on google maps, I find myself at an apartment complex. ***. I give her a call and she's waiting at the BR. Ok so maybe my phone made a mistake, I think to myself. Re-enter the address and it takes me to the same place. ***. Give her a call again and she has no clue where I'm at and isn't great with directions so she cant help me. I take a guess and find another BR on the road she says she is on and give that a try. Get there and she's not. Wrong place. ***! I call her again and we both start getting irritated so I just call it off and apologize. Get home and put the exact address, exactly how I did before into google maps and I get the right place. :eyebrow::crying: WTFFFF! Words cannot describe how I felt that night.
  2. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

I forgot my math homework in the third grade once. That was a pretty rough day.
  3. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Supporting Member

Sometimes when going to work I forget my lunch. Demons for sure.
  4. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    I needed to go poop, but couldn't find a book I wanted to read.
  5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Folks got divorced when I was 4. My mom, having few bucks moved us into a 2br trailer in Flint, MI.

My sister got on of those suitcase 45rpm record players. The first singles she bought were Cloud Nine and Classical Gas.

Those lyrics from Cloud Nine stick with me to this day.
  6. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

I went to Wawa this one time to get some coffee. I get out of my car and I walk in. I usually put creamer and artificial sweetner into the cup first. Then, I fill it with coffee. So, I grab a 20 oz. cup and fill it with vanilla creamer and about 7 packets of Splenda-ish sweetener. I walk over to where the coffee is and they were out of 100% Colombian coffee. I went with the Kona blend.
  7. JPMo

JPMo

Should of known better than to start an off topic thread haha :D
  8. mellowinman

mellowinman Unmanageable Member Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    It's about 1983 or so, making me about 20. I have met a gorgeous stripper, who is nearly 10 years older than I. I am a skinny, longhaired degenerate, and she tells me she'll meet me at a local bar. I get there, and some guys make fun of my long hair, and make remarks that assume I am homosexual.

"Just you wait," I think, "when you see the gorgeous woman I am going home with tonight, you'll eat those words."

She's late. I have a few drinks; not too many. Time goes on, and I feel more and more pathetic. I would call her on my cell phone, EXCEPT NOBODY HAS CELL PHONES IN 1983. After a very long time, I realize I am being stood up, and I decide to leave.

I go out to my car, a fairly new Ford Mustang, (they weren't that great in the early 80's, but I thought it was a nice car at the time,) and realize I can't find my keys. Oh look! They're locked in the ignition! Since the bar will be closing soon, and cops routinely patrol bars in this area, I will see if the nice officers will open my car for me. I'm pretty sure I would pass a breathalyzer. It's 1983, and cops aren't that hard on people who are mildly drunk, anyway.

But do you know what they might take notice of? That joint laying on the passenger seat, in plain view.

I remember I have a zero deductible on my glass coverage for my car insurance. So I find a big rock, and as I swing it towards the rear quarter window, I miss the window, and put a big dent in the car. Now I'm starting to panic. The cops will be here any minute, I'm sure of it! I swing it again, and bust out the window, putting another big dent in the side panel where the window is. I reach in, unlock the door, get in, and think about the worst has happened.

And then the thunderstorm starts.

The stripper? She got back with her abusive boyfriend, and let me know she was not interested in me. Come to think of it, that was probably a good thing.

In all honesty, I did smoke the joint.
  9. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

This one time I was plugging in my usb cable, it didn't fit so I flipped it. Nope, it wasn't fitting again, so I flipped it again and voila! Surely demons, or usb cables has superposition and some other cool quantum physics stuff.
  10. JPMo

JPMo

^^^Aw man!! Definitely unfortunate
  11. bassteban

bassteban

I kinda stubbed my toe today, twice. Was wearing shoes both times, hence *kinda*
  12. SoVeryTired

SoVeryTired Endorsing nothing, recommending much Supporting Member

I put on what I thought was a matching pair of black socks. But one of them was probably an inch shorter than the other - clearly not a real pair. No-one could see but yep, that was a bad day.
  13. 96tbird

96tbird Supporter Supporting Member

In 1980 I replaced the original bridge on my 74-75 G-3 with an hm brass unit. The demons stole the original: demons 1 - 0.

Later in the decade (being in my mid twenties), I removed two rare Bill Lawrence original pickups and replaced them with a set of dimarzio jazz and an active circuit. The demons broke and absconded with one of those, leaving only two mounting ears beside the intact one they decided to leave behind just to taunt me for being so reckless. Demons 2.5 - 0.

Fortunately, I when I decided to resurrect the g-3 a couple year ago, I found an NOS pickup with the correct color code wires for the bridge position for a mere $25 bucks. Demons 2.5, me 1.5.

Every bridge I find they want over $100 dollars for. It's only a cheap Fenderish bent steel bridge that nobody wants for any other purpose. Dam chop shops! Demons 2.75, me 1.5.

And I'm out of cream for my coffee.
  14. shadven

shadven

@mellowinman - Great story. It could have happened to me.
  15. pedroims

pedroims

- I was 17 when my favorite uncle, in fact he was one of my best friends, told me that he had AIDS. That was in 1990.. four years later he passed away after a long suffering.

- When I was 21 I used to work in a paint and body shop, one night, the ower ( another best friend) told me that he was planning to start another business and he would like to give me the shop, we were celebrating the news when some guys started yelling out of the shop, we went outside to check what was happening, those guys started to fight us...5 of them , two of us..10 hours later my friend was dead because the injuries, they basically beat him to death.

- I was 26 when another best friend and I were at a party, somebody gave us cocaine, my friend was immediatly taken by this drug. Ten months later, on February 1998 the police found his body in a hotel room.

Three friends gone. I still have two friends alive, I treasure every moment I spend with them.
  16. Biggbass

Biggbass Supporting Member

Last month my ex wife realized she'd made a huge mistake by quitting the marriage and taking up with the dead beat pot head who can't hold a job that she was having an affair with at the time. Unfortunately her epiphany occurred 15 years too late.
    Demons? Maybe. Kharma? Absolutely.
  17. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

I typically make lunch at work, most often a sandwich.
    It seems like almost every time I have leftovers and plan on bringing them to work I forget about them.
    Im laying off bread this week, so Ive had leftovers all week. I almost forgot them on Wednesday, until I found the empty tupperware in my car from the day before. Must have had some good demons at play.

I must be the only person in the world who can plug a USB cable in the first try.
  18. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Lies, I'm telling you, liiiieeeeesssss! :p
  19. mellowinman

mellowinman Unmanageable Member Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I never did get used to losing good people.

Sorry for your losses, man.
  20. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

I know who not to be best friends with :p

But in all sincerity, I'm very sorry for your losses. They all sound horrible :(