Youth praise band

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Stilettoprefer, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Yesterday was the youth praise bands first service! This is also my first band leadership experience!

The music went fantastic. Of course the first half of the first song was a bit "off" because of everyone's nerves, but at the second chorus i felt something happen and suddenly everyone just locked in really well!! Thank the Lord:D

My favorite part was the closing song. I chose a really popular song in our church that everyone knew and everyone sang along. The congregation ended up being so loud that I couldn't hear the vocals coming through the PA!!!! Simply amazing. It was like playing "Killing In The Name of" to a bunch of angst filled teenagers again!

Anyways, thanking the Lord for a great kick off to the new youth praise band:)

2. CauliColin

CauliColin

That sounds amazing!

Keep on having fun with it!

3. Waster

Waster

Good job! My whole background is in leading worship, as I come from a very musical church, and was actually encouraged to take up bass for the youth band! There's nothing more amazing for me than to be leading worship to God, and it gives you so many opportunities to play and get better. Good luck man!