Zander Zon Challenge!

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by BassandBass, Jan 17, 2013.

1. BassandBass

BassandBass

Hopefully most of you know Zander Zon (if not go check out his youtube channel immediatly, you'll thank me later)
    He released a transcription album, but unfortunately it only includes his own songs. Not that they're bad at all, but it's his arrangements that are simply amazing, at least in my opinion.

So here it is, since there's a lot of expert bass players on this forum, I'm hoping someone can help me.

I'll give a trillion internets to whoever is able to post a complete tablature of any one of these awesome solo bass arrangements:

Halleluja:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6yXSeM1-E4
    TUNING

2. nortonrider

nortonrider

Show us your first.
    Or
    maybe you just want someone else to do the work for you?

3. BassandBass

BassandBass

Huh... I thought it was implied that I'm no way near that good? :meh:

I'm just not the kind of guy that can tell notes by ear, not even simple riffs..
    that's why I go around looking for tabs, and since there are none for those arrangements I decided to try asking people who are good at this.

Also, it wouldn't be just for me, I'm pretty sure there's a few dozen thousands of amateur bass players out there looking for those tabs online... and can't figure it out by ear like me.

btw I did type "I'm hoping someone can help me", I don't see what gave you that negative impression, I thought that was the point of this section of the forum...

4. SturmUndDrang

SturmUndDrang

To start with, he's using piccolo tuning. So unless you have a bass set up with strings tuned an octave higher, any tabs you find won't sound the same with standard tuning.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BassandBass

BassandBass

Well it'll just sound "lower", I knew that he used those weird kind of strings.
    I think it might still sound good, and anyway once you learn the arrangement you can also buy that kind of strings if you prefer.

I know he also uses different tunings for the different arrangements, so yeah, It's a very though job writing down tabs for that.

I know there isn't many chances that someone'll do it, but I just had to try because it would just be a great accomplishment and so useful to lots of people.. me in particular of course.

7. BassandBass

BassandBass

bump? <_<
    I might have asked too much..

8. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa

as long as you have the right interval between open strings you will be able to play it sure it will be a darker tone ... but I guess for getting it by ear you will need the exact tuning.

9. BassandBass

BassandBass

You mean one would need to know the tuning to get it by ear?
    because I think he did tell what tuning he used in most of his videos, while answering people's questions...

I'll go look for them and add them to the first post

10. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa

Well it will help to know the exact tuning because it is easier to look at the vid for cues and it will be easier to get the the right note. After that you can easily play it with a different tuning as long as you keep the same interval.

11. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa

12. stuart clayton

stuart clayton

Hi,

I wrote and published the Zander Zon bass transcription book. It was done in close collaboration with Zander to ensure complete accuracy. We also have transcriptions done of 'Stairway to Heaven' and 'Tears in Heaven', which will probably be released as free downloads on the Bassline Publishing website at some point in the future. At the moment, they still need a little tidying up, but I'll discuss this with Zander, and see if we can get them out there at some point this year.

Cheers
    Stuart

13. BassandBass

BassandBass

Thanks, I was interested indeed, but I've gone through that a few times already :)

Thanks a lot for posting here!
    This is awesome news, I hope they'll be released soon, and the Unforgiven and Halleluja arrrangements too :bassist:
    Can't wait