1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Zap - Roscoe Beck?

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by kirkdickinson, Jan 30, 2013.

1. kirkdickinson

kirkdickinson Supporting Member

I wondered if anybody has seen tabs or sheet music for the bass line in the Eric Johnson song ZAP?

Roscoe Beck really tore that up. I started learning that years ago, but never finished, and now can't even remember any of it.

Thanks,

Kirk
  2. jchrisk1

jchrisk1

It was in a guitar magazine way, way, way, way back in the late 80's or early 90's. I can't remember for sure. I used to play it about 20 years ago with my bro-in-law on guitar. Fun song. I can't remember which magazine it was. I think there were only a couple back then anyway. I thought Kyle Brock played bass on that one.
  3. jchrisk1

jchrisk1

Guitar for the practicing musician was the magazine. Dec 1988 Tom Keifer of Cinderella was on the cover. Maybe someone has it and can help you out.
  4. kirkdickinson

Roscoe Beck talks about working on that solo on his blog. Thanks, I will have to search for that magazine.
  5. kirkdickinson

You think the transcription has the bass line? I found a back issue for sale.
  6. jchrisk1

jchrisk1

I found that back issue for sale as well and sent him an email to verify if the bass line is included. I talked to my bro-in-law last night and he said we learned from the tones complete score book. Which is no longer available. But Amazon has two used for $400.???? Anyway, if the guy gets back to me I will let you know.

I know that Roscoe played the song with Eric, but I thought Kyle did the recording. I could be wrong though. It was a long time ago and my memory is hazy at best. Although, I still remember the main riff. But that's about it.
  7. jchrisk1

jchrisk1

The seller just replied that there is not a bass line in that issue. Maybe I can get my bro to send me a copy somehow. I'm not counting on it though as he is very lazy. But I will try.
  8. Rabbit666

Rabbit666

I'm in the same boat. I have been obsessed with this bass solo since I first heard it, in 1990. Never found tab, so....

I've been learning it by trying to slow it down. Not too crazy.

Roscoe is a blues master!

Good luck, I don't think any tab exists. I'll try to post when I'm done.